10 Weeks Slow Growth

Lush

Hi Mummies,

I need an advice or maybe just abit of reassurance. I should be 10 weeks 6 days pregnant based on my last menstrual period but my bb growth has been constantly lagging behind. Info below:

6 weeks 3 days ultrasound - bb measured 5 weeks 2 days ( faint heartbeat )
7 weeks 3 days ultrasound - bb measured 6 week 3 days ( strong heartbeat - 135 bpm )
9 weeks ultrasound - bb measured 8 weeks 3 days ( strong heartbeat -174bpm ) - only lagging by 4 days.
10 weeks 6 days ultrasound - bb measured 9 weeks 6 days ( heartbeat - 171bpm ) - Lag by a total week again
-
i am very anxious because i suffered a miscarriage a year back due to slow growth around 7 weeks and i have phobia of it happening again.
Any mummies had bb with slow starters like mine and all was well ? please do share all positive and negative stories with me, will appreciate it alot.

Thank you !

Lush - dont frighten yourself. Dating based on LMP is not accurate especially for those with irregular periods. When i went for first consultation, my gynae thought I should be 15 weeks based on LMP but actual scan revealed 10 weeks. So does this mean my bb was lagging by 5 weeks?? Of course not.
Dating by u/s although not 100% cos' sometimes it can be +/- 1-2 weeks. That explains why sometimes the EDD keep changing by a few days when you go for scan during diff appointments.

From your post, it seems that bb has healthy heart rate. What does your gynae say? If he thinks bb is growing well , then dont worry too much ok.
I know you feel worried due to past experience but the last thing you need is negative thoughts.
Think positive and keep your mind calm. You're almost end of 1st tri and Im sure preg wil be stable. Relax..

Lush

Lush - dont frighten yourself. Dating based on LMP is not accurate especially for those with irregular periods. When i went for first consultation, my gynae thought I should be 15 weeks based on LMP but actual scan revealed 10 weeks. So does this mean my bb was lagging by 5 weeks?? Of course not.
Dating by u/s although not 100% cos' sometimes it can be +/- 1-2 weeks. That explains why sometimes the EDD keep changing by a few days when you go for scan during diff appointments.

From your post, it seems that bb has healthy heart rate. What does your gynae say? If he thinks bb is growing well , then dont worry too much ok.
I know you feel worried due to past experience but the last thing you need is negative thoughts.
Think positive and keep your mind calm. You're almost end of 1st tri and Im sure preg wil be stable. Relax..
Hi Wobble,

Thanks for sharing with me your experience , it has been positive for me :) I am worried initially because my periods are always regular ( late only for a day or 2 on the date it was supposed to come ) and i know the date of conception as i had an yeast infection after that so did not do "that" with my hubby till i got a positive bfp 2 weeks plus later. Gynae isn't very concerned , he still believes that it is ok and told me to come back at 13 weeks for a more detailed U/S.