11 month son keep waking up at night!

dinida

hi momies!
i hv an 11 month old son who keeps waking up at night...which makes meso tired and sleepy in the morning :(
he is already eating porridgeandhe loves food so i dont thin he is hungry.
btw i am still partially breastfeeding him, when i at work in the morning, he will drink some ebm and also formula milk. when i come back from work, i will latch him on. before going to bed, i will feed him a bottle of FM thinking it will make him fuller and sleep longer. but he still wake up at least 3 times to latch on. if i try giving him bottle again, he refuses andcry his heart out. but he will only latch on for a few minutes then sleep. its so frustrating...help!!

Does he sleep throughout the day? Most of the time, the problem you mention is due to too much sleep during daytime. Try to keep your child awake through some exercises so that he can sleep more peacefully at night. You can read here about sleep problem in baby and number of hours of sleep baby need.

This is actually correct, thus, we are advised to sleep when the baby sleeps. But I know in your case, it'll be hard because you spend the day working. I understand that it can be frustrating. But I guess that your frustration comes from not sleeping at night. Take a nap during office breaks so that you'll have enough energy to go through the night. your baby's sleeping habit and schedule will change in no time. so for now, just bear with it.

Keep well.

Sarah

Hi dinida,

I think we have the same situation with your son. but the different mine is girl she is also wake up in the night and always looking for food, then also makes me tired in day,
mostly when i go to work, I really don't know also what to do,but a friend of mine give some advise, she say that just let her eat and she will stop only when she's full. then she
say it will be go back to normal at the age of 1. Hopefully its true.