18 days old Baby suddenly refuses to latch

huckleberry

Dear all,
Seeking advice
For past 18 days, my bb been latching with no problem and sometimes she will latch for an hr straight till she slps.
Just one day ago I started taking Fenugreek to increase milk supply then the next evening, she refuses to latch!
Usually I will prepare my nipple and get her to latch but when I did that, she became frustrated and refuses to latch kept crying. And I saw my nipples also not pointed enough.
I cant figure out what is wrong not sure if it's my nipple or milk flows too fast but she doesn't seem to choke on the milk when trying to latch.
Anyone has similar experience care to share and give me advice?
Been really depress as this happens suddenly previously am so glad she willing to latch now simply helpless!
Thanks in advance!

Kary2500

Maybe ur baby is not hungry when u tried? Try the other nipple and check.. But keep trying, maybe something else is bothering baby not ur nipple.. My baby too on certain days just struggles to latch I have to literally stuff my nipple in her mouth.. But on other days normally she struggles to latch when she's hot or she's uncomfortable..

Uttmama

Read that fenugreek may alter the taste of breastmilk that some bb will reject. Maybe you can try stopping consumption of it and try latching again?

huckleberry

Thanks for all reply!
Really appreciate lots.
Been really struggling the past 2 nights.

Read that fenugreek may alter the taste of breastmilk that some bb will reject. Maybe you can try stopping consumption of it and try latching again?
Yes thanks Uttmama, Maybe she can taste the herb and refuse. Stopped as what you advise and see how thanks a lot! Didn't think of that!!!!

Maybe ur baby is not hungry when u tried? Try the other nipple and check.. But keep trying, maybe something else is bothering baby not ur nipple.. My baby too on certain days just struggles to latch I have to literally stuff my nipple in her mouth.. But on other days normally she struggles to latch when she's hot or she's uncomfortable..
Kary2500, I kept alternating and she kept rejecting sobs.. She has cues and she wasn't fed for about 4 hrs thats why also worried I will try again won't give up thanks!!!!!