~ 19.11.2009 - The Arrival Of My Precious Baby Norizzad ~

skinneybeenie

I was scheduled for an induction on the 22nd Nov..Me & Hubz purposely chose the date so that baby could share same birthdate as his grandma.But i guess wen my lil' one heard the word "INDUCTION"..He panicked and decided to finally come out on his own..!!! Well at least he has the same day as his daddy (my hub's bday is on 19 June..!!) And so here goes My Birth Story.. :

19 Nov 2009 Thursday

@ 6am :

I was woken up by the urge to pee.But as soon as i got up,felt something squirt out frm "down there".Went to the toilet and saw blood on my pantyliner.Not that much though.Called hubz who was working night shift (wont be back till 10am).Told him i will monitor the bleeding.No pain or contraction...(YET...!!!).

@ 7am :

I had been monitoring my bleeding for the past 1hr and noticed that bleeding became more heavy.Almost like i was having my menses.Felt a dull ache in my lower abdomen.Kind of like menses cramp.Called hubz and told him to come home straight away.While waiting for hubz to reach home,i got myself ready to go see my gynae Dr.Paul Tseng @ Thomson Medical Centre.

@ 9am :

Me & hubz took a cab to Thomson.Lucky traffic wasnt bad.Was expecting a jam coz it was the peak hour.Headed straight for Dr.Paul's clinic on the 3rd floor.He casually asked what was wrong coz i wasnt supposed to see him till saturday for my admission for induction.Told him i started bleeding that morning.He checked and found that my cervix had already opened 3cm.I was to be admitted.While waiting for the clinic nurse to bring me down to labour ward,i felt my contraction coming in every 10mins but the pain was still tolerable.

@ 10am :

I changed to the purple robe and got strapped to the CTG machine while hubz did the admission.By now i was reaaaalllyyyy feeling the contractions.A nurse came in to check my cervix.While she was prodding "down there",suddenly my water bag burst.The water felt surprisingly warm!! Felt a bit paiseh actually coz the water gushed out and some of it hit the nurse's uniform..!! But i got no control over it mah..!!! They immediately set a drip on my hand and told me to breathe in the pure oxygen thingy.Though im in pain,i still managed to joke with hubz and made that Darth Vader (from Star Wars..!!) voice with the oxygen mask.Heeeeehee..!!

@ 11am :

Dr.Paul came in and checked my cervix.He immediately called hubz to come over to show him something.He actually showed hubz that my baby had passed motion in the womb coz when he pulled out his fingers,it had a greenish mucus on it..Was also told that with every contraction,my baby's heartbeat dropped.Poor baby was under a lot of stress.So in a split second,a decision was made that i had to have a c-sect to get the baby out immediately.As my gynae left,i find myself crying coz i so wanted to have a natural birth.Hubz comforted me and said that the baby's health is all that matters.I prepared myself emotionally as the nurses fussed over me getting me ready for the operation.

@ 12pm :

I was wheeled into the operating theater.I opted for an epidural instead of general anesthesia as i wanted to witness my first baby being born.The anesthesiologist was sooo comforting and friendly.Found out later that he was actually the younger brother of my gynae..!!! Waaaaaaa...clever genes..!!!Hee..!!! Once i was numb from the waist down,a drape was put over me.Then my gynae appeared and assured me that it will all be over soon and i will get to see my baby boy.Once he had made the incision,my hubz was called in.I managed to laugh as he appeared looking like a guy working at a wafer fabricating lab.Dressed head to toe in white,with a mask over his mouth & nose.Can only see his eyes..!!I tried to focus my eyes on dearest hubz as i was getting anxious.I also started to shiver from the epidural.Felt them poking and prodding my tummy but no pain.The anesthesiologist even helped by pushing down on my tummy.I felt a lot of pressure at my lower abdomen.

@ 12.46pm :

Then my gynae said.. "waaaahhh...this one like sumo wrestler...!!" A few seconds later,i heard the sound of suctions and finally i heard my baby's first cry..!!! I also burst out crying and so did my hubby.Dr.Paul lifted my baby and showed him to me before my baby was whisked off to the baby warmer.A few minutes later,the nurse placed my wrapped up bundle of joy on my chest.:001_302:

Name : Norizzad
Weight : 3.84kg (woohooooo.....!!!)
Length : 50cm
Delivered via emergency caesarean with epidural
hi girl i was in the same livery ward as you. cuz i overheard the conversation between you and your doctor. :D

my son also born on same day about 5 hours after yours :p

izanyzam

hi girl i was in the same livery ward as you. cuz i overheard the conversation between you and your doctor. :D

my son also born on same day about 5 hours after yours :p
Hello dear..!!! Oh reallyy..??!!! Its a wonder how u still manage to remember me..?? Hahahaha..Although all the curtains were closed,u still manage to figured that it was me..Yah..The delivery ward is a bit tiny...Only 3 beds in it right..?? There was another mummy who was really in labour..Me and hubby could hear her moaning in pain..I felt so sorry for her..Or was that you..?? Heehee..!!! Well glad that we've both safely delivered our babies..Im guessing you delivered yours naturally..?? :001_302:

izanyzam

izanyam, congrats!!! feel so happy for you ! i hope my turn soon :)
Hello dear...How have you been doing..?? Yes i do hope that your turn will come soon and u'll be blessed with a healthy baby...!!! Take good care of yourself dear..!!! :001_302:

26JMC

i am allright. now regulating my mense before i start TTC again. i hope the success for the 3rd time!! ur baby quite big hor. most important, must be healthy! hehe :) and he is really v cute!!
Hello dear...How have you been doing..?? Yes i do hope that your turn will come soon and you'll be blessed with a healthy baby...!!! Take good care of yourself dear..!!! :001_302:

izanyzam

i am allright. now regulating my mense before i start trying to concieve again. i hope the success for the 3rd time!! your baby quite big . most important, must be healthy! hehe :) and he is really very cute!!
Hi dear...Glad to hear that you are doing well and are trying again...WEll for me,third time's the charm..Hope it will be too for you..!! :001_302: Yupzz my baby quite big..Was pleasantly surprised to find out how much he weighed after i delivered him..!! Nowadays he babbles A LOT..!! Sooo CUTE..!!

Take good care of yourself yah..!!

skinneybeenie

Hello dear..!!! Oh reallyy..??!!! Its a wonder how you still manage to remember me..?? Hahahaha..Although all the curtains were closed,you still manage to figured that it was me..Yah..The delivery ward is a bit tiny...Only 3 beds in it right..?? There was another mummy who was really in labour..Me and hubby could hear her moaning in pain..I felt so sorry for her..Or was that you..?? Heehee..!!! Well glad that we've both safely delivered our babies..Im guessing you delivered yours naturally..?? :001_302:

yah cuz only 3 of us.. NO THAT WASN'T ME!! I was not as far along as she was.. :D

but her moaning sure scared me!!! I remember u and her very clearly.. cuz could overhear the conversations :D me and my hubby jus quietly talking and laughing to relax.

I delivered mine with vacuum no epidural :D:Dancing_tongue:
My boy was only abt 3kg.. now he's still a small sized one :embarrassed:

izanyzam

yah cuz only 3 of us.. NO THAT WASN'T ME!! I was not as far along as she was.. :D

but her moaning sure scared me!!! I remember you and her very clearly.. cuz could overhear the conversations :D me and my hubby just quietly talking and laughing to relax.

I delivered mine with vacuum no epidural :D:Dancing_tongue:
My boy was only about 3kg.. now he's still a small sized one :embarrassed:
Yah it scared me too..I was calm at first but after my waterbag burst suddenly and hearing her moaning in pain..I was freaking out a bit..And the fact that my gynae came a while later and said that my baby had poo-poo-ed in my tummy definitely made me panic..!!!

Wowwwww..No epidural huh..?? Very strong mummy..!!! Dont worry about yr boy being small..Im sure he will have a growth spurt sooner or later then he'll be tall and more HANDSOME..!!! :001_302:

camomile

your baby is soo cute and beautiful...so happy seeing him, and happy to read your birth story.

It reminds me of the day I admit to the hospital after my waterbag broke, and 12 hours later, pop came my cutie pie...

I always regard the day i knew i was concieve with my prince, and the day he's born, the HAPPIEST day of my life.

izanyzam

your baby is soo cute and beautiful...so happy seeing him, and happy to read your birth story.

It reminds me of the day I admit to the hospital after my waterbag broke, and 12 hours later, pop came my cutie pie...

I always regard the day i knew i was concieve with my prince, and the day he's born, the HAPPIEST day of my life.
Hi camomile...Thanks for yr heartfelt comments...!!! Yup we can never forget the day we became mummies..The experience is still so fresh in my mind that it sometimes feel as if it was just yesterday that i gave birth...!!! :001_302: