3D / 4D scan in KKH

jojoki

How many weeks are u now? I just did a 4d scan back in Msia.. consultation with gynae, n scan etc i paid all in RM70. Over here at Raffles Hosp, they charge around $170 to $200 for scan only without consultation. Heng i din scan in singapore cos at the end cos i'm already 34 weeks... only can see baby's ear!!!!!! nothing else... from the face! it was all blocked by placenta!

I'm already 31 weeks pregnant. Just got news that KKH only offers 3D scanning for those between 26 and 30 weeks pregnant. So I missed the window period. Very disappointed. I wish my gynae had told me this earlier! :(

jojoki

I'm already 31 weeks pregnant. Just got news that KKH only offers 3D scanning for those between 26 and 30 weeks pregnant. So I missed the window period. Very disappointed. I wish my gynae had told me this earlier! :(
when i first enquired about this scan some stupid nurses at raffles told me its onyl done when u hit 30 weeks!!! so i actually waited! otherwise would have done it when i was around 24-26 weeks... aiyah wattodo.. now just got to make do with 2d scans until she comes out!

babylover

is 29 weeks still ok to do 3D/4D scan? By the way, is there anyone know how much KKH charge for this scan? Do I need referral letter from my gynea?

Yes, 29 weeks is fine. Just don't hit beyond 30 weeks, or else there's high chance that the baby's head may face downwards and hard to get a nice clear shot.

It costs about $260 to have your 3D scan at KKH. If you're not a patient there, you may need a referral letter from your gynae. Otherwise, just give them a call and make an appointment.

I went ahead with my 3D scan at 32 weeks. Baby was 'camera shy' - I could only see about 85% of his face. As the photo angle wasn't perfect, the nurse there didn't charge me for the 3D scan (only for a growth scan), and she even printed a copy of the not-so-perfect shot as a gift for me and hubby! It's the best shot that we have until the big day. :)

asl_6886

Yes, 29 weeks is fine. Just don't hit beyond 30 weeks, or else there's high chance that the baby's head may face downwards and hard to get a nice clear shot.

It costs about $260 to have your 3D scan at KKH. If you're not a patient there, you may need a referral letter from your gynae. Otherwise, just give them a call and make an appointment.

I went ahead with my 3D scan at 32 weeks. Baby was 'camera shy' - I could only see about 85% of his face. As the photo angle wasn't perfect, the nurse there didn't charge me for the 3D scan (only for a growth scan), and she even printed a copy of the not-so-perfect shot as a gift for me and hubby! It's the best shot that we have until the big day. :)
mine will be 33 wks nxt week..is there by any chance i can do the 3d scan? will they allowed?

Mahalia

i'm on my 32nd week today and doctor will try to have a 3d scan for me. as per my gynae the best time to have the 3d scan is when you're on your 30th week, 32nd is just ok as long as you have enough amniotic (i'm not sure if this is really the fluid he was talking about) fluid in your tummy. back in the philippines, they have a PHP3.5K (SGD135) 4d package, which gives you video in dvd (around 5-10 mins), colored 3d photos of your child, consultation, etc. sigh... dunno if they have it here in SG though and how much it will cost me.

Hi asl,

KKH will allow you to do the scan, provided you ask for it and get an appointment at the ADC as soon as possible. But do be mentally prepared that you may not get a good shot of the baby at such a late stage. For my case, they didn't charge me for the 3D scan - only the growth scan (approx $80). Good luck and have fun at the scan!

asl_6886

Hi asl,

KKH will allow you to do the scan, provided you ask for it and get an appointment at the ADC as soon as possible. But do be mentally prepared that you may not get a good shot of the baby at such a late stage. For my case, they didn't charge me for the 3D scan - only the growth scan (approx $80). Good luck and have fun at the scan!
hi apricot_brandy,wats ADC? maybe should just go..rather then regret later..never know when will i get pregnant again hehehe currently my gynae not at kkh,should i make an appointment thru phone or just go straight to kkh?

Hi asl,

ADC stands for Antenatal Diagnostic Centre. It's located at KKH, level 2, women's tower. It's where all the diagnostic/detailed scanning will take place. You can call the mainline (Tel: 6293 4044) and ask them to put you through to the ADC to make your appointment.

asl_6886

Hi asl,

ADC stands for Antenatal Diagnostic Centre. It's located at KKH, level 2, women's tower. It's where all the diagnostic/detailed scanning will take place. You can call the mainline (Tel: 6293 4044) and ask them to put you through to the ADC to make your appointment.

thanks for the info...really appreciate it...

Triquetra

I emailed TMC and this is the response:

Thank you for your interest in the 3d/4d service at Thomson Fetal Assessment unit.
3d/4d scan is usually performed between 26 to 30 weeks gestation.
This is performed in conjunction with a Fetal well-being scan (2D) to assess fetal growth.
The fetal well being scan cost $118 and the 4d scan (including a CD and a 3d picture colour printout) is $180.
Total cost is $298 (price before GST).

We would require a referral letter from your doctor.
Please call 63544115 for appointment.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further clarifications or assistance.
Thank you.

sono

Hi, I'm thinking of starting up a 3D/4D ultrasound studio in Singapore. This studio will only perform 3D/4D ultrasound scans. Referrals from doctors are not required. I would like the expectant mommies to experience the wonderful momment of maternal-fetal bonding in a cosy and relaxed environment rather than the hospital/clinic's cold bed.

The price will be very competitive.
A repeat scan will be offered FOC in a week if the fetal position is not optimal on the day of scanning.
The scans are carried out by experienced sonographers.

Mommies, I need your inputs. Thank you