7th month - beliefs/superstitions.

Hi,

some people believe not to bring the kid to swimming during the 7th month. what is your say? My mum use to tell me to avoid baby/pregnant women from looking at the afternoon puppet performance during the 7 month...they say is meant for the "......" Does anyone like me believe in this too? or Any scary/interesting story to share? :we2Randy-git:

apollo

Hi,

some people believe not to bring the kid to swimming during the 7th month. what is your say? My mum use to tell me to avoid baby/pregnant women from looking at the afternoon puppet performance during the 7 month...they say is meant for the "......" Does anyone like me believe in this too? or Any scary/interesting story to share? :we2Randy-git:
ehhh for me, i believe half half.. means, certain things i will choose to believe, and some i choose not to..

as for no swimming during 7th mth, ehhh i choose to believe..
but for the 7pm must reach home (esp for preggies and babies), sry i dun believe. cos like what many ppl say, the *ahem* is everywhere.. even u lock urself at hm aft 7pm, they might be in ur hse also.. =)

ehhh for me, i believe half half.. means, certain things i will choose to believe, and some i choose not to..

as for no swimming during 7th month, ehhh i choose to believe..
but for the 7pm must reach home (esp for preggies and babies), sry i dont believe. cos like what many ppl say, the *ahem* is everywhere.. even you lock yourself at hm after 7pm, they might be in your house also.. =)
hahaha...ya that's true. wow 7pm must reach home.. this one I first time hear...that's interesting...and 7pm is still early...can't imagine...not going out after that...i like to eat dinner late...i guess i can't take that seriously too...heehee.

joanneang

if you feel that you are more at peace if you come home before 7 then pls do so. If you feel scared coming home after 7, you won't feel at peace cos you'll keep thinking about what is gonna happen. It's all about "an xin" or peace of mind.

ling.er

As for mi i do believe tat 7th mth dun swim .. .. Hmm My MIL did told mi tat come back home b4 sun set = =" When ever i wana go out she will remind mi ><" If i late abit back she will give mi those black face = =" Mayb talk bad about mi i aso duno ..

** some did say dun move bed also ..
** Baby clothes dun hang outside @ night

= ="

Spiralng

if you feel that you are more at peace if you come home before 7 then pls do so. If you feel scared coming home after 7, you won't feel at peace cos you'll keep thinking about what is gonna happen. It's all about "an xin" or peace of mind.
Ehhh....I think hearing MIL nagging is worse than encountering spooks during the 7th month:001_302:

kenxf_03

For me, i play safe as in dont bring kids for a swim!

But as for reaching home sun set, I didnt follow.. Cos I go bk to my home every weekend. And dad came bk from work very late. Very hard to follow the superstition of dont go bk home late leh..

Some other superstitions that I heard:

- dont call babies names outside esp during nite time
- dont let them wear any bells (anklet, bracelet that hv bells)

Dont really know the real rationale behind these but i choose to play safe.

apollo

But as for reaching home sun set, I didnt follow.. Cos I go back to my home every weekend. And dad came back from work very late. Very hard to follow the superstition of dont go back home late ..

- dont let them wear any bells (anklet, bracelet that have bells)

why cannot call their names? and why cannot let them wear anklet? anw i didnt really 'follow' everything, also didnt remove his anklet from him. LOL!

ling.er

why cannot call their names? and why cannot let them wear anklet? anw i didnt really 'follow' everything, also didnt remove his anklet from him. LOL!

Dun call their name ?? Cos the good bro/sis will follow ??

As i same with apollo i nv remove the ankle which has bell wan .. :wong19:

AugBoyz

But as for reaching home sun set, I didnt follow.. Cos I go back to my home every weekend. And dad came back from work very late. Very hard to follow the superstition of dont go back home late ..

- dont let them wear any bells (anklet, bracelet that have bells)

becoz they are attracted to bells.

ling.er

One more thing tat my IL & parent told mi..

** When bringing baby back home then he /she is sleepin .. Tell them tat reach home alrd ...

Anyone knw y ??

eissacsirhc

I have no idea why.. prolly so tat baby is prepared when they wake up tat they are in a different place? My mom also tells me to do tat but i duno wat for.. anyways juz do it lo.. lol..

ling.er

I have no idea why.. prolly so that baby is prepared when they wake up that they are in a different place? My mom also tells me to do that but i dont know what for.. anyways just do it .. lol..

Lolx same with mi.. Mostly when in lift or under block i will start tellin my baby goin to reach home ^^ :shyxxx:

As for mi i do believe that 7th month dont swim .. .. Hmm My mother in law did told mi that come back home before sun set = =" When ever i want to go out she will remind mi ><" If i late abit back she will give mi those black face = =" Mayb talk bad about mi i aso dont know ..

** some did say dont move bed also ..
** Baby clothes dont hang outside @ night

= ="

yaya, i also hear this don't hang clothes outside at night...not only baby clothes, adult one also.

Lolx same with mi.. Mostly when in lift or under block i will start tellin my baby goin to reach home ^^ :shyxxx:
wow man... me too, my mother also ask me to do it. wonder is it so that the soul is back together?? as some say when we sleep..sometimes our soul go find "zhou gong".

Ting

uhhhh, i think dont hang clothes outside is for other reasons, not just specifically in 7th mth.
my mum seldom hang clothes outside, cos she feels it is more dusty and dirty n might kena bird poo or ppl throwing things down from the upper units.
she only hang those rags n rugs outside.

for bells, it is bcos the "things" will get attracted by the sound of the bells, so the elders adviced not to.

for swimming, i m not sure if anyone heard of this b4.
its bcos swimming pool/beaches they hv those "water ghost" and they cannot reincarnate, so they will catch those human n drown them to take over their "place". ehhh im not v sure if it is only in 7th mth or on normal days lahs, but my friend told me b4 (by her mum or grandma).

for the informing baby whenever u reach a diff place, my mum also told me to do tt everytime (when pin is napping) since she was NB. it is just to "inform" the baby so they wont get a "shock" when they wake up n see a diff environment.

and for the reach home b4 sunset thingy, haha i totally dont follow, n my parents dont too. haha i even go out at 12am lorr. =X

TANZHENZHI

That's too much to say haha. Not very superstitions person but better to believe than sorry when things happen. :)

uhhhh, i think dont hang clothes outside is for other reasons, not just specifically in 7th month.
my mum seldom hang clothes outside, cos she feels it is more dusty and dirty n might kena bird poo or ppl throwing things down from the upper units.
she only hang those rags n rugs outside.

for bells, it is bcos the "things" will get attracted by the sound of the bells, so the elders adviced not to.

for swimming, i m not sure if anyone heard of this before.
its bcos swimming pool/beaches they have those "water ghost" and they cannot reincarnate, so they will catch those human n drown them to take over their "place". ehhh im not very sure if it is only in 7th month or on normal days lahs, but my friend told me before (by her mum or grandma).

for the informing baby whenever you reach a diff place, my mum also told me to do that everytime (when pin is napping) since she was NB. it is just to "inform" the baby so they wont get a "shock" when they wake up n see a diff environment.

and for the reach home before sunset thingy, haha i totally dont follow, n my parents dont too. haha i even go out at 12am lorr. =X

Ya for the swimming one, I also hear before saying about water spirit..that's why i don't bring my baby to the pool too during 7 month.
wow man share with you something even more crazy...i got a nanny to help me for the first month...then think this nanny inexperience...and my baby cry alot...so i think she lack of sleep...then started to hallucinate and claim my room got that "thing"..then started to put her "prayer" necklace on my baby bed...making it look so spooky. then even bring my baby put on the sofa when im asleep (since i c-section, need a lot of rest). then i got a shock when i see my baby in the living room on the sofa...i quickly shouted at her what are u doing..why is my baby not on the bed...then again she say the room got ghost, that why my baby don't want to sleep. I buay tahan with the nanny that i feel stress with her around. today i got a maid..and she also sleep in that room..and she never feel any ghostly encounter at all like me.