Aanyone tried giving your bb yogurt?

Kxmum

Hello mummies! I read from some articles that bb below 1 can take yogurt? Anyone tried before, I am keen to let my 9 mth old try..any idea which kind of yogurt to give?

Amulet

started my girl on baby yogurt wen she is around 7 months... she loves it..

u can buy those brands like Petit Maim yoghurt/ Baby Yoplait.. otherwise, u can give simple give her wholemilk/full cream yogurt.. can add in some fruit puree to the yogurt too to flavor it..

Last edited:
Yes, you can buy from NTUC.. got for 6mth + and 1 years old +...
Hello mummies! I read from some articles that bb below 1 can take yogurt? Anyone tried before, I am keen to let my 9 mth old try..any idea which kind of yogurt to give?

MsKoh1973

Yes, i got gv yougurt when baby small cos she got v serious constipation (sometimes must dig it out for her cos got stuck), only after she ate yogurt then bc ok.

I buy the small pack fr ntuc, can't recall the full name, like yopliat or something, 6 small cup in a pack, about $5+

megtan

I find yoplait and petit miam a little too sweet. Gave my son Greek Style yogurt from Farmers Union since 8-9 months onwards. It's very creamy and smooth. He absolutely loves it! Now 16.5 months, he must eat at least one portion (I give about 80-100gm) per day, otherwise he'll scream!

Can be found at NTUC and Sheng Shiong as well.

icicle

Mine started eating yoghurt from 7 months. She has it every other day. Sometimes for breakfast, plain or even for lunch, mixed with cubes of veg i cooked and pureed myself. Now coming 9 months, I've started to sprinkle ground flax seeds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds on her yoghurt.

Yoghurt is very nutritious, you can read more about its benefits from Ruth Yaron's "Super Baby Food" book.

My 5 yr old loves it with berries and honey.

I make yoghurt myself using full fat organic milk. I use a small tub of yoghurt with live culture as a starter and subsequently put aside a tablespoonful or two of yoghurt to use as a starter for the next batch. It's much cheaper than buying multipack yoghurt. It's also good not to get babies used to sweetened yoghurt. Mine eats it plain, despite its sourness!

luvbene

hi, i give my boy yogurt 6months.. there is this brand yoplait for 3months and above.. can go look at it :) my boy loves it with fruits!

ast0212

I gave yoghurt to my son when he was 7 months old. Plain natural/Greek-style yoghurt. Didn't want to buy into that baby marketing crap :p

Mummy to Baby V

I gave yoghurt to my son when he was 7 months old. Plain natural/Greek-style yoghurt. Didn't want to buy into that baby marketing crap :p
Ha... I'm like you. The "baby" food stuff are priced very high. We make organic yoghurt at home, only RM19 or S$8 for 1 LITRE. My boy and I can wolf it down in 2-3 days. I'd be broke if I fed him commercial baby food. Ha...

Mummy to Baby V

I read that yogurt can only be given when baby is 1 yr old ... baby ate yogurt below 1 yr old.. won't get coughing ??
I read that it's from about 6-7 months old. Of course, small amounts first to check for baby's reaction.
My boy has never coughed from eating yoghurt or cold stuff. The good probiotics bacteria in yoghurt is great for building immunity. Choose those with no sugar. Not sure about other kids though.

ast0212

Ha... I'm like you. The "baby" food stuff are priced very high. We make organic yoghurt at home, only RM19 or S$8 for 1 LITRE. My boy and I can wolf it down in 2-3 days. I'd be broke if I fed him commercial baby food. Ha...
Yep homemade is the best!! All natural too :)