Advisable Age To Travel

Gumi

Hi mummies

I would like to know what will be the advisable age for bringing your dear son/daughter to overseas for holiday?

diymummy

Hi Gumi,

It really depends what you wanna do for your holiday and who're going with you.

A lot of my friends travelled to Desaru and Malacca as their first trips to test water. So that they have the energy to handle if their kids get cranky. Their kids were all 9mths when they tried.

My hubby's cousin however has been jetting all over since their son turned 3 mths. They've already been to HK, Korea, Bangkok, Vietnam and malaysia. Their son is now 1 years old and all their trip the grand parents also followed so they had an extra pair of hands.

Gumi

Hi diymummy

I think for me I got to wait for my boy to turn 1 years' old then i would dare to try. It's really tiring if there are no helper around to take turns to take care of him. Sometimes I'm so lazy of bringing him around S'pore cos there are too many barangs barangs to bring along as we need to rely on public transport. Hope he will not become a "mountain tortoise" due to my laziness :embarrassed:

CJmom

if you go on guided tour, then it is still alright cos got other aunties/uncles in the group to "help" around and also can get the guide's help. if free and easy then better when he's more independent bah.

megtan

My son is 11 weeks and we just went for a 3D2N road trip (self-drive) to Port Dickson Malaysia over the Good Friday weekend :)

Ting

we r bringing pin to her first overseas trip to bintan this june!
n end of the yr (probably sept) we r taking her to perth! :)

feel so excited for her.. n myself!
well, bintan trip will be with my family n "in laws" so probably will be relaxed, but the perth trip i'll be bringing her over myself n meet her daddy there..
i hope she can tahan being in a plane for 5 hrs.

apollo

we're bringing ds to bkk this mid may, by then he will be ard 11.5 mths. actu i think any age shd be okay. if u're wry, can ask ur pd for more advices. cos we also asked pd, and he advised us to let ds take flu vaccines b4 leaving SG, and also he will prescribe him those necessary medications during his last flu vaccines. =)

thepinkdot

i prefer to let my child stay home until they can handle outside food w/o having tummy upsets.. we first tried a plane ride to kl.. then to and around australia.. so plane rides were fine.

we also did a ONE day road trip to m'sia.. she was ok.. and we were prepared to entertain her throughout the trip.. however, she was a little tired at the end and was missing her bed.

keep their flu jabs and other jabs current. make sure they get bottled water even if its mineral.. better than having them to drink other countries' tap water. make sure you serve them clean food too. their little stomachs def. not ready for street food.

Ting

geez, im pretty worried if pin can handle the flight.
i mean, the air pressure part.

princessminn

my boy went msia(melaka) when he was abt 4mths old? have been going dere on n off...
yet to try to bring him by plane....

jasobias

actually depends if u r taking baby for travel exposure or is he/she just tagging along for ur hol?I notice kids above 4 yrs old remember hols n stuff better so thts a great age to start planning a hol ard their interests.
If its an infant,i think abt 4 months shld be ok as its not tht fragile,able to support own head etc.

adelynn

my girl's 4 1/2 months and she's going on her first flight holiday tomorrow to HKG! We brought her out of SG for the first time for a 3D2N drive up to Malaysia when she was slightly short of 3 months. She had quite a fun time, looking around at things and not fussy at all. Not as tough as we thought it would be, but lotsa barang barang to bring :p lucky for me i'm BF-ing her so no milk powder no bottles no sterilization :p

mambee

my girl is 19 mths and we juz came back from our bkk trip last weekend. i did not bring stroller and used mim sling instead. luckily she is able to eat other food like noodles, rice and buns so food not much problem. i brought milk powder there too. i see that she really enjoy her trip. but she makes a lot of noise in the plane coz they tend to get bored very fast.

apollo

my girl is 19 mths and we just came back from our bkk trip last weekend. i did not bring stroller and used mim sling instead. luckily she is able to eat other food like noodles, rice and buns so food not much problem. i brought milk powder there too. i see that she really enjoy her trip. but she makes a lot of noise in the plane coz they tend to get bored very fast.
babe, u just came bk from bkk? hw is the situation there? i mean the ongoing riot.. cos i'm bringing ds to bkk on mid may.. =)