any mummies taking fish oil?

January84

i did not take any supplements or fish oil, i ate fried fish, steam fish, in fact, my fav food is fish during my second preggy.

tinklish

will it be fine not takin any fish oil. Jus daily dose of folic acid and vit. Yesterday, during my visit, i was asked to consider whether i wan to take. He din like say you HAVE to take. So in the end, i din purchase it yet.

apollo

will it be fine not takin any fish oil. Jus daily dose of folic acid and vit. Yesterday, during my visit, i was asked to consider whether i wan to take. He din like say you HAVE to take. So in the end, i din purchase it yet.
hav many weeks preg r u?? cos my gynae only start introducing me fish oil on the 4th mths but i only start taking aft my MS totally goes off which is ard 5th plus... most impt is the last trimester as BB absorbs more from us... =)

i think whatever brand you buy better check with gynae first before taking.
my ex bought me a bottle of fish oil, cause he use to sell health supplements so he know which brands are good. during my 3rd month. showed it to my gynae. and he says its not suitable for pregnant woman. cause though the fish oil contained dha, it also contain another 'dont know what' thing, which is good for adults but not for babies.
i checked with my current gynae is that true cause i thought the previous one maybe wanna earn money so recommand the one he's selling. and my current gynae also agree with what the previous one said..

tordis

same here taking tis brand too~
i take NeuroGainS too..
i even checked with the pharmacist @ KK.. and compared Natal Care Plus & NeuroGainS.
the pharmacist say NeuroGainS is better coz is pure & take 1 capsule daily only

tinklish

hav many weeks preg r u?? cos my gynae only start introducing me fish oil on the 4th mths but i only start taking aft my MS totally goes off which is ard 5th plus... most impt is the last trimester as BB absorbs more from us... =)
im in my 3rd mth.so wondering whether should i take or not.

apollo

im in my 3rd mth.so wondering whether should i take or not.
if u wanna take, buy from ur gynae.. cos i agree with happymummy07, no matter what type of fish oil u wanna take, ask ur gynae... so the safest way is to buy from him/her...

if ur MS is better den u can start taking alrdy... but hor be prepared to smell the fish oil when u burp.. lol.

tinklish

if u wanna take, buy from ur gynae.. cos i agree with happymummy07, no matter what type of fish oil u wanna take, ask ur gynae... so the safest way is to buy from him/her...

if ur MS is better den u can start taking alrdy... but hor be prepared to smell the fish oil when u burp.. lol.
wldn't that make you feel even more sick/pukish after smelling the burp! eeee.... thanks for the advise anyway. I shall consider.. I think the smell is my only drawback.

apollo

wldn't that make you feel even more sick/pukish after smelling the burp! eeee.... thanks for the advise anyway. I shall consider.. I think the smell is my only drawback.
tt's y tt time when i still hv MS, my gynae suggest me dun take 1st.. but i still try la, in e end puke out everything when i burp... den stop until 5mth plus den continue taking the fish oil... though still burp with the smell but at least not so bad cos MS go away alrdy... drink more water, it will helps alot =D