anyone experienced threatened miscarriage?

has anyone experience threatened miscarriage? what are the cause and risk involve?
me.. i was having regular contractions @ 34wks. i was warded in KKH. The ECG (device to detect contraction & bb heartbeart) shows the regular contraction but test done & showed that i was not dilated. Gynae told DH that it was a threatened miscarriage cos i had spotting & my BP was going high for a few hours. I was put in labour ward & given jabs on my thighs. Gynae told me that the jab is gonna be quite painful. And yes it was a very painful jab i hv ever had! I shed tears during the jab. Seeing my situation,my DH also shed tears (an ordeal we could nvr forget) 2 jabs on left & right thigh. but 6 hrs (if i was not wrong) after the 1st one.

At that time,all we could do is pray for the BB in my tummy & of cos my health. I was given anti biotics too. I was put in normal ward after that & the nurse came to check my contraction every a few hours. Thank God no more contraction after that. And I manage to continue my pregnancy but till only 37wks (due to another contraction that gynae hv to induce me) Finally my precious DS was delivered tru normal delivery in June 08:wong19:

Oh yeah forgot to mention,the jab was to inhibit the contraction. The gynae told us that BB lungs is not mature & may face complications if delivered @ 34wks. Furthermore i was not dilated. if already dilated,no choice as BB will be born premature.

joyceong24

im now 27 weeks pregnant. I had threatened miscarriages throughout the 1st trimester of my pregnancy. I bled when i was 5 weeks pregnant and was admitted to hospital for observation.
Besides having to take hormone pills, and told to bed rest, i was given a hormone jab at the hospital to stabilise the fetus.
When i was 8 weeks along, i bled again and this time i was told by the gynae that the placenta was not attaching itself to my uterus lining, hence causing the bleeding.
I was then given another hormone jab which hurt so badly i was limping for 2 days and told to bed rest for a week.
At 11 weeks, i had severe brown discharge and was told to continue taking hormone pills 3 times a day and given a week of MC.
After that week passed, all has cleared up and i have been very well and the baby is very healthy.