Anyone has feedback on Early Learning Technologies' "Total Development Programme"?

cmeilim

Hello mummies and daddies,

I came across this early childhood Total Development Programme from ELT at its website. It covers values, english, maths, general knowledge and early learning. Would like to ask if anyone has tried any of the educational resources under its umbrella, whether it's fun and effective, and how much it costs. Any feedback will be appreciated. TIA! :001_302:

Total Development Program - Early Child Development Books And Activities | Educational Technologies Limited | The Winning Edge

camom

Re: Anyone has feedback on Early Learning Technologies' "Total Development Programme"

Ohhh, this is like an encyclopedia!

diymummy

Re: Anyone has feedback on Early Learning Technologies' "Total Development Programme"

The salesperson came to my place before to show me the stuff.

It has a range of books and a device called walter where it can "speak" by placing the sensor over some spots in the books.

It looks nice but it's very very expensive. The guy quoted me abt $270 for like 24 mths for the whole set. That makes out to be almost $6.5k.

I wanted to get some of the books but not all and I think the first 17 books he quoted me something like $160 for 6 mths? Which comes out to a thousand.

He told me that getting the whole set would include a psychological assessment plus kids camp plus teaching assistance (ie they will come down and teach you how to use the set). He also told me that they will update a book if any book has info that becomes outdated. He said it's best used for kids 18mths and above up to 12 yrs.

I didn't get it. I think I prefer getting a range of books from a variety of publishers. I think different sets of "learning books" from different places all have their strengths and I'd like to have a mix of it.

cmeilim

hi diymummy

tks so much for your sharing. v insightful for me without having to call the sales rep to my place personally. i agree with you that it's exorbitant price and i also prefer a variety of educational resources from different publishers because i believe different publishers will have strengths and weaknesses in different areas.

The salesperson came to my place before to show me the stuff.

It has a range of books and a device called walter where it can "speak" by placing the sensor over some spots in the books.

It looks nice but it's very very expensive. The guy quoted me about $270 for like 24 mths for the whole set. That makes out to be almost $6.5k.

I wanted to get some of the books but not all and I think the first 17 books he quoted me something like $160 for 6 mths? Which comes out to a thousand.

He told me that getting the whole set would include a psychological assessment plus kids camp plus teaching assistance (ie they will come down and teach you how to use the set). He also told me that they will update a book if any book has info that becomes outdated. He said it's best used for kids 18mths and above up to 12 yrs.

I didn't get it. I think I prefer getting a range of books from a variety of publishers. I think different sets of "learning books" from different places all have their strengths and I'd like to have a mix of it.

camom

I actually have something like that device diymouumy talked abt. Mine is the Tag Reader from Leapfrog but it works only with their series of books which is quite limited at the moment.

Popular has a similar reader device called I-Pen that works with their entire series of I-books. There's another one that I saw in Toys R Us called Croc Pen.

Personally though, I feel that the internet would be a better place to get information from. The series gets outdated very fast and nothing beats the internet when it comes to getting info. If you are looking for non-fiction simple books, try the Sunshine Series from Edventure.