Anyone subscribe Mio Plan

Gladys

HI ,

Anyone has mio plan with bundle of internet, handphone and houseline.

I have checked with Singtel that the houseline must connect to router for one phone only. If want additional phone set must give extra charge to contractor for installation . They do not know the price only when contractor come then can check with them.

Did anyone has install additional phone. How much is the charges.

PinkDiamonds

Are you referring to an additional phone point? Eg: Your router is connected to the phone line in your living room. But you want to have an additional phone line in your study room?

Gladys

Are you referring to an additional phone point? Eg: Your router is connected to the phone line in your living room. But you want to have an additional phone line in your study room?

Hi Pink Diamonds,

Yes, I refer to additional phone point and one of it is cordless phone. Is the phone clear for connecting to router.

PinkDiamonds

Hi Gladys,
I am assuming that all the phone points are connect to only one phone number?

Assuming that your phone point is in your living room and you are intending to leave your router in the living room. You will be connecting our laptops, desktops through wireless.

Your router will be connected to a splitter cum micro-filter to the phone point. So, from the splitter, one wire will connect to the router while the other wire will connect to your phone. The micro-filter ensures that your internet is not disconnected when you are on the home phone.

This is the same situation for me. We bought a dual phone set, both are cordless phones and linked to each other. So, I only need to connect one of the phones to the telephone point (with my router) in my living room, while the other is in my study room without having to connect it to a telephone point again.

You might want to consider this option.

Otherwise, if I am not mistaken it will not cost you around $100 - $200 to do it, which IMO will be cheaper if you just buy a dual phone set like I did.

Gladys

Hi Gladys,
I am assuming that all the phone points are connect to only one phone number?

Assuming that your phone point is in your living room and you are intending to leave your router in the living room. You will be connecting our laptops, desktops through wireless.

Your router will be connected to a splitter cum micro-filter to the phone point. So, from the splitter, one wire will connect to the router while the other wire will connect to your phone. The micro-filter ensures that your internet is not disconnected when you are on the home phone.

This is the same situation for me. We bought a dual phone set, both are cordless phones and linked to each other. So, I only need to connect one of the phones to the telephone point (with my router) in my living room, while the other is in my study room without having to connect it to a telephone point again.

You might want to consider this option.

Otherwise, if I am not mistaken it will not cost you around $100 - $200 to do it, which IMO will be cheaper if you just buy a dual phone set like I did.

Ya, you are right one phone number only.

Presently, my computer is at the study room with the router. My phones are at living rm & 2 bedrooms (one cordless)

At the study room, I have connected the micro filter to the router and another one to the printer because it is also fax machine. So I have problem to do it same as you.

Do you have any idea what are they installing. Is there any wireless adaptor for the phone sets to connect to router.