Baby Jaundice

SunShine07

Hopefully tml will be the last time we have to go..

But then the doc dont have to make sure that the jaundice is totally ok?
i think dun need bah...so long as it go down. As what i know from my PD, he said once it decrease, it is ok liao, cos it won't increase the level.

angela22

i think dont need bah...so long as it go down. As what i know from my pediatrician, he said once it decrease, it is ok , cos it won't increase the level.
Icic.. Then hopefully, my son jaundice will go down.. So heartbreaking to see them cry when the nurse is taking his blood.. :(

jasobias

no more ..coz my milk supply quite low and baby cant latch.. so all this while have been pumping out but stop quite sometimes coz i dont dare to let him drink breastmilk of his jaundice..
Hey angela tht time baby paeds said to try n get rid of jaundice..can give baby abt 30ml of water a day.It did help.Keep feeding baby alot until the jaundice gets "washed out".
Also at Raffles Hospital they dont take blood to test jaundice,there is this device they use like a thermoscan take fever one but put on forehead.Damn ex though,,test cost $40 plus each time.But i saw the paeds only once n after tht took mybaby to clinic every few days to check levels .As long they see a drop no need see dr.N by 2 weeks jaundice was gone.
Hope ur baby gets well soon.

angela22

Hey angela tht time baby paeds said to try n get rid of jaundice..can give baby about 30ml of water a day.It did help.Keep feeding baby alot until the jaundice gets "washed out".
Also at Raffles Hospital they dont take blood to test jaundice,there is this device they use like a thermoscan take fever one but put on forehead.Damn ex though,,test cost $40 plus each time.But i saw the paeds only once n after tht took mybaby to clinic every few days to check levels .As long they see a drop no need see dr.N by 2 weeks jaundice was gone.
Hope your baby gets well soon.
hihi.. did try to give him water everyday.. but maybe not so much.. okok.. will make him drink that amount of water..

polyclinic is much cheaper.. :)

thanks ya.. :Dancing_wub: i olso hope everything will be fine.. :)

lonerjas

hihi.. did try to give him water everyday.. but maybe not so much.. okok.. will make him drink that amount of water..

polyclinic is much cheaper.. :)

thanks ya.. :Dancing_wub: i olso hope everything will be fine.. :)
i tot new born canno drink too much water?? Later got water toxic

jasobias

i thought new born canno drink too much water?? Later got water toxic
Newborn can drink water just as long its not replacing a milk feed.I saw 2 paeds n they had both advised tht baby drinks 30ml water when she was jaundiced.

D

Dream*Mum

Icic.. Then hopefully, my son jaundice will go down.. So heartbreaking to see them cry when the nurse is taking his blood.. :(
Same as me my girl also jaundice now she is 12 days old she was at K.K after she was born and found out got jaundice on 3rd day of her birth and under theropy for 4days from single light to double light is heart pain when they took her blood. As a mother we will like to exchange her sickness to us than them so no choice for their own good ever so heart pain also for their good now she still at 200+ after the check up at polyclinic still need to follow up. doctor did tell me stop Bfing too....

shopaholic

Dr at the polyclinic told me the level got to be below 100 before we dont hv to go bk for checkup. My son was 156 at first checkup and 114 at 2nd checkup. Going bk again this thurs for 3rd checkup (he will be 2 weeks old), hope below 100. Wish us gd luck okie?

Angela, gd to hear your bb is ok now. I hope my son will be ok too.

jasobias

Dr at the polyclinic told me the level got to be below 100 before we dont have to go back for checkup. My son was 156 at first checkup and 114 at 2nd checkup. Going back again this thurs for 3rd checkup (he will be 2 weeks old), hope below 100. Wish us good luck okie?

Angela, good to hear your baby is ok now. I hope my son will be ok too.
dont worry abt it shopaholic
once levels start going down thts gd sign..wld probably be below 100
in meantime maybe sun ur baby abit(even in italy where my fren gave birth the drs gave same advise as baby had jaundice)n give baby some water.

karoru

my baby was also having jaundice level at 200++ when he was born and was not allowed to be discharged... kkh only allowed him to be discharged after 14 days but his level is still high now at 180++ as of today (2 weeks plus)... we are very wori... he do not look yellow though but his level is so high... we were not told not to give him breast milk and still pump and bring to kkh daily... was surprised when i read this thread...

shopaholic

dont worry about it shopaholic
once levels start going down thts good sign..wld probably be below 100
in meantime maybe sun your baby abit(even in italy where my friend gave birth the drs gave same advise as baby had jaundice)n give baby some water.
Thanks, hope so. Yes, meanwhile we still bring him to the balcony for some sunning and he's taking small amt of water.