Baby's Weight?

Velvenie

Dear mummies,

My ds is 9 months old now and just found out that he is only 8kg. I was so surprise when the nurse told me that :nah: Is my baby underweight? But he look ok to me but my mil keep asking me why ds only 8kg? Make me worried... What is the ideal weight for his stage? Can mummies please share?

himawari

My daughter is coming 9months and also weight at 7.7kg. She is a bit underweight. But then again she is eating 3 FULL meal a days and we thought we are overfeeding her. She even drinks her breastmilk and have snacks in between.
I guess her metabolism is at a good start.

Velvenie

Yaya... But i only feed him porridge(lunch) & Cereal(dinner). Then i also let him to snack those baby biscuit & cheese. Ds look ok but the weight i'm worried about. Your pd told you that she underweight? Should i increase 1 more cereal meal in the morning?

athenaso

I think if the kid is eating well, then not to worry too much on the weight lor..my boy who is 26 mths old, only 11 kgs leh...boy some more!!! the little sister who is only 5 mths old, only drink breast milk without solid, already more than 8 kgs liao...different kid has different pattern lar...

regards,
Athena

myangela

I think if the kid is eating well, then not to worry too much on the weight lor..my boy who is 26 mths old, only 11 kgs leh...boy some more!!! the little sister who is only 5 mths old, only drink breast milk without solid, already more than 8 kgs liao...different kid has different pattern lar...

regards,
Athena
Yes i agreed wz Athena. My younger gals is 13mths old is now heavier than her elder sister 29mths old as long as they'r eating well not to worry to much la......

:Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub:

Ting

pin is almost 17 mths, weighs abt 12 kg.
i think kids start to put on lesser weight when they r this age cos they r very active n move alot.
no worries as long as they r eating fine n growing. :D

himawari

I was advised by pd to give her more protein. So now, she is still taking 3 solid meals a day. Just that more meat is added into her porridge.
I agree that its better to be a little bit underweight, than obese.

leey

pin is almost 17 mths, weighs abt 12 kg.
i think kids start to put on lesser weight when they r this age cos they r very active n move alot.
no worries as long as they r eating fine n growing. :D

yes, they are more active when getting more ages.
if not, we may need to buy new clothes and shoes for them,
cost many bucks now ... :we2Randy-git: