Bewared!!!

sweety

A very unluncky incident happened when I went to Johor yesterday. My car's window was broke in by thieves in Johor as they saw my friend's bag hidden in a dark corner of the car.

Front seat side window was being smashed and my friend's bag, water bottle, etc were all stolen. Lucky the passports were not in the car.

So bewared... Never ever leave any bags in the car no matter where you are!!! As long as they saw a bag inside the car, they will think of ways to get hold of the bag even if it is empty.

lisa_ng

A very unluncky incident happened when I went to Johor yesterday. My car's window was broke in by thieves in Johor as they saw my friend's bag hidden in a dark corner of the car.

Front seat side window was being smashed and my friend's bag, water bottle, etc were all stolen. Lucky the passports were not in the car.

So bewared... Never ever leave any bags in the car no matter where you are!!! As long as they saw a bag inside the car, they will think of ways to get hold of the bag even if it is empty.

wonder where in jb you were at the time of accident?
ai yo so dangerous in there still.
did you report police? did they help in anything?

sweety

Johor, Skudai.

Yes, I did make police report over at the police station but nothing could be done.

A lesson learnt... DO NOT leave any bags in the car no matter where you are.

pokemon97

Johor, Skudai.

Yes, I did make police report over at the police station but nothing could be done.

yes, not only in Malaysia. It happened on me also many years back in Singapore.

SunShine07

Johor, Skudai.

actually not only on malaysia, even other country will also happen. Just don leave any valuable stuff.

I am a singaporean, but recently just shifted to malaysia, Kulai,slightly further up skudai. I always check that i didn't leave any bag or purse in the car. Usually these ppl take special note espcially when u are driving sg car.

We also always have a long baton in the car for defence purpose just in case someone attack for any reason.

Many malaysian's car have self defence weapon in it.....what to do? singapore is too safe, where we go other country, we forgot to protect ourselves because singapore gov is always there to control everything.:001_302:

I still love to be in singapore:Dancing_wub:

PerfectLight

Alpha Male
Johor, Skudai.

Cannot take safety for granted in Malaysia. The wife of a good friend of mine had her handbag snatched in broad daylight by someone on a motorcycle as she was crossing the road in KL about a month ago. Good thing the passport was not in the bag but, money, credit cards, IC all gone. Big hassle to do police report, reapply for IC, cards, etc. :wemad:

pureline

I think it is pretty common nowadays, at least about 10 of my friends encounter this problem when they make their trips to JB.

Just try to ensure that you park your car in a more open area.

Scary..
always have to be careful when you're driving SG car. My mom almost got robbed at one of the pump station in JB(near immigration), lucky there was an indian man(sells putu mayam) helped her.

Malaysian Police, good for nothing.

Now our car always have a baseball bat or woonden log. just to be safe.

J

justforgags

Scary..
always have to be careful when you're driving SG car. My mom almost got robbed at one of the pump station in JB(near immigration), lucky there was an indian man(sells putu mayam) helped her.

Malaysian Police, good for nothing.

Now our car always have a baseball bat or woonden log. just to be safe.

thumbs up!!

:wong7::wong21:

EnFlor

or if still wanna go coz u know lah SGreans can't get enuf of cheaper rates of goods there, how abt leaving your SG plate vehicle behind.

Looking and behaving just like one of them.... u'll feel and be safer. Ya lah a hassle esp if u have loads to buy from supermarkets there, then gotta alight and board the public transport right. But then, there is still the taxi service that brings u all the way to your home destination.

And for short gateway across the causeway, rent a car from JB. There is one reputable rent-a-car company there.

Oh by the way, that man selling the putu mayam....wow he is a hero man :red:! Yeah, i've bought putu mayam frm him many times too. He is the fella on motorbike, right.

edy

Administrator
Staff member
How about go to Batam for supermarket shopping?

the downside is ferry terminal ...

MizfitMumma

Johor, Skudai.

Sorry to say but you report oso no use. In Malaysia, when you report cases lyk this, they wun do anything!! Speaking from personal experience. Trust me! Next tym if you go Malaysia, please brin along you bags be it only a pouch. People there never see bags before so when see, will get very psychotic, must touch one by hook or by crook!

Ning

When go to JB, always lock your doors too, the robbers can sometimes open your door to snatch your handbag too. so always lock your doors even at petrol stations too.. Singapore is too safe, so we forgot to take precaution in M'sia.
sorry to say loh, singapore police also no use after a crime took place liao, must be careful loh! AWAS!

EnFlor

snatching frm passenger sitting and waiting in the car still not as badly traumatic. Worst case scenario that could possibly happen, keys still hanging at the ignition while driver goes somewhere, then robber jumps in and drives away with the people in the car. That's horrific! There were many such cases like that there leaving trapped victims either dead or traumatized for life.

sweety

After that incident, we seldom go into Johor. Even if we went in, we would ensure that we dont leave any bags in the car. Or we just left after pumping petrol.

Last edited:
or if still wanna go coz you know SGreans can't get enuf of cheaper rates of goods there, how about leaving your SG plate vehicle behind.

Looking and behaving just like one of them.... you'll feel and be safer. Ya a hassle esp if you have loads to buy from supermarkets there, then gotta alight and board the public transport right. But then, there is still the taxi service that brings you all the way to your home destination.

And for short gateway across the causeway, rent a car from JB. There is one reputable rent-a-car company there.

Oh by the way, that man selling the putu mayam....wow he is a hero man :red:! Yeah, i've bought putu mayam frm him many times too. He is the fella on motorbike, right.

Yes2!! thats right..

LWP6998

Alpha Male
When go to JB, always lock your doors too, the robbers can sometimes open your door to snatch your handbag too. so always lock your doors even at petrol stations too.. Singapore is too safe, so we forgot to take precaution in M'sia.
sorry to say loh, singapore police also no use after a crime took place , must be careful loh! AWAS!
you are right to say 'always to lock your doors' this is a must do things when i go accross too.. must lock even someone in the car while the other paying petrol or going to the toilet... must be alert..

sorry to say but i have to say something for your para 2 which i disagree.. they are not magician or david cooperfield.. depend on what happen if is there are no leads or evidence to carry on then is just too bad.. sure they will do their best... they are serving a few million people in Singapore afterall... those crimes like huang na case.. etc etc, also why drug courier so afriad of Singapore??