Blogs = eternity?

Endoh

Alpha Male
This is a casual discussion with some pro-bloggers some time back, and we began questioning ourselves on what happens to our blogs when we pass on. Do blogs live forever as a documentation of our life for eternity? Will our grandchildren in future read our blogs and go "hehehehe, ah ma last time so hot in KTV."

Ever thought about it? What do you think?

edy

Administrator
Staff member
Yes it could last forever if the provider serves the content forever :)

The provider himself needs to make sure there is an adequate plan on disaster recovery and such.

I think it is pretty cool to have our children to read on our blogs!

Cheers,
-e

if it can be forever, it will be good...

anyway, i have the intention of printing out those that i blogged of my two darlings and give them as their birthday present when they turn 16...21???

mae

Actually i have already printed out my posts that contains about my princess so i can let her read it someday.

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
I'm using Live Journal as my main blogging base. There's a program that converts posts into pdf format. I've saved stuff according to years. Dreaming of eventually getting them printed and bound into a book format. I think it might prove interesting reading for my children in the years to come. :)

as for my blog surviving 'forever'... I seriously doubt that will happen on the net. Eventually LJ will 'prune' defunct accounts, they can't host things forever.

Endoh

Alpha Male
Another interesting idea there... and we will start seeing a thick book in every household in future. The Chronicles of "Whoever". :tlaugh: