BMSG 2012 series workshops

elaine01

DON'T WAIT UNTIL YOUR BABY IS BORNTO
LEARN THE ART & SCIENCE OFBREASTFEEDING
Join us for our 2012 Workshops!
(Schedule subject to change, pleaseemail to confirm)
Duration 1.5 hours per session
Venue: SCWO Centre, 96 Waterloo Street

Series I
Series II
Series III
Series IV
Breastfeeding 101
11th Feb - 1pm
14th Apr - 1pm
14th Jul - 1pm
6th Oct - 1pm
The Critical 1st Weeks
18th Feb - 1pm
21st Apr - 1pm
21st Jul - 1pm
13th Oct - 1pm
Challenges in Breastfeeding
25th Feb - 12nn
28th Apr - 12nn
28th Jul - 12nn
20th Oct - 12nn
Weaning
25th Feb - 2pm
28th Apr - 2pm
28th Jul - 2pm
20th Oct - 2pm

Breastfeeding101 covers thebenefits of breastfeeding to the baby and mother, how milk is produced and howbaby gets breast milk. We will share on the physical, mental and emotionalpreparations for breastfeeding as well as the important role ofsupport within the family and community. A father shares on howto support his wife.

The Critical 1st Weeks shares thekey factors to successful breastfeeding. Much depends on managing the demandand supply in the first weeks as well as the role of proper latching techniquesand continued support. Find out what you need to do in the early weeks to enjoya good supply of milk.

Challenges in Breastfeeding coverspotential problems mothers may encounter and ways to prevent it. Topicsinclude: engorgement, blocked ducts, inverted nipples, medication duringbreastfeeding, sore or cracked nipples, maternal illness while nursing, newbornjaundice, thrush, mastitis, breastfeeding twins (if required), and more.

Weaning teaches you the signs to lookout for to know whether your baby is ready for semi-solids, what type ofsemi-solids to introduce, how to introduce and weaning.

For more details, write to chan.elaine01@gmail.com with subject heading "Breastfeeding workshops".

elaine01

Sort of? Only recently he gradual wean cos I was home late & he was too tired to wait & went to sleep on his own. Once a while he still wants to lie between my breasts....& ask to suckle for comfort. Well at least I feel his immunity is stronger. He does falls sick but very mild & recovered w doses of Manuka honey

lyra

That's amazing! Haha. Kudos to u!

Sort of? Only recently he gradual wean cos I was home late & he was too tired to wait & went to sleep on his own. Once a while he still wants to lie between my breasts....& ask to suckle for comfort. Well at least I feel his immunity is stronger. He does falls sick but very mild & recovered w doses of Manuka honey