BREAST PUMP? worth it?

woo22

i regret didnt start to bf immediately after c-sect..day 1 - nurses oso didnt ask if i wan to bf cos i cannot sit up for 1 day..next day tried bf but bb cannot latch..by evening - engorgement..got dh to bring pump to hosp..2nd night - told nurses to bring bb for bf, she didnt really managed to latch..ended up drinking formula :(
i pumped for almost 1hr n managed only 40ml ..haha.. when i waddled into nursery wiz the precious milk for my ger.. the nurses were surprised cos i managed to pump out enuf for 1 meal!
i guess getting an electric pump was the best deal..only regretted not getting a new one! i got a 2nd hand medela PIS - jus motor wiz bag n some accessories for $300. I ended up buying all the necessary accessories fm US for $200 (worth it cos buying locally for all the items wld come up to abt $350).
i got ameda lactaline pump for workplace. hope the supply will still be good and dun dip! intend to bf bb for as long as poss!
guess getting the pumps are the best decisions made!

my baby difficulty latching on initially as well, so what we did was to ask the nurses for help and they'll help the baby to latch on.

i had a c-section and found it useful to BF while lying down.

and yes, colostrum is the best thing for baby right after birth - even a little bit is good coz it helps to clear the meconium from baby's system. i remember when my baby didn't feed coz he was too sleepy, i tried pumping and all i had was a teaspoon of colostrum. and having baby latch on as often as possible right after birth will help to jump start your supply. the less bb latches on, the less your supply will be.

babies can survive the first week without much food.

if you're planning to pump occasionally, then a hand pump is sufficient. i'm using avent. it may feel uncomfortable initially coz not used to it + engorgement. but after a while, i learnt to control the pressure so it's comfortable for me.

but if you're planning to pump often, then an electric one is useful coz it can get tiring using a manual pump as well (but i guess it's better than using hand).

ljay

Hi,

I bf my baby for nearly a year. an electrical pump makes a big difference and is easier. by pumping and feeding regularly you ensure your breast milk supply is built up.

I'm selling a Brand New Medela Mini-Electric Pump for $150 only as my sister already has one.
The pump is retailing for $193.90.

Medela is a well known and trusted brand and is also reccommended by Breastfeeding Mothers Support Group Singapore. Do check out their website if you need more information regarding breastfeeding.

I can deliver to your doorstep if you stay at either punngol, sengkang, bukit batok, choa chu kang or bukit panjang. or to any mrt station.

SMS me on 98452370 if you'd like to buy :001_302:

Last edited:

Susantan

hi,

how long have u been using the breast pump?

susan

Hi,

I bf my baby for nearly a year. an electrical pump makes a big difference and is easier. by pumping and feeding regularly you ensure your breast milk supply is built up.

I'm selling a Brand New Medela Mini-Electric Pump for $150 only as my sister already has one.
The pump is retailing for $193.90.

Medela is a well known and trusted brand and is also reccommended by Breastfeeding Mothers Support Group Singapore. Do check out their website if you need more information regarding breastfeeding.

I can deliver to your doorstep if you stay at either punngol, sengkang, bukit batok, choa chu kang or bukit panjang. or to any mrt station.

SMS me on 98452370 if you'd like to buy :001_302:

ljay

the whole time i breast fed.

I'm helping my sis sell her brand new pump as she decided to formula feed instead. so sad, tried convincing her otherwise but wont listen...

ljay

Hi there

Can i consider and get back to you? how long have you been holding the pump? is there still warranty? for how long?

Susan
Bought it just a month ago but she threw out the receipt. Hasnt opened the box so warranty card should still be insisde. if they ask for receipt you can just say you got it as a gift ;) when are you due? first child?