Confinement Trial Meal

Kokura

Hi,

I like to know how do mummies decide which trial meal to order when selecting from a caterer's menu? I am concerened because there are some foods which should not be taken by a pregnant woman though it may be fine to be consumed by a woman doing her confinement. An example would be danggui and foods cooked with wine (Goodness knows how long the food has been cooked in wine for it to be totally cooked out so that it is 'safe' for pregnant women). I do not want to take food which I should not be taking.

Or did you mummies just order based on whatever your preferences are?

Or did you choose a trial meal that contains certain items that though you may not like- e.g. liver, -are good for confinement AND you can taste for yourself how well they have masterfully prepared the dish so that you are able to stomach something that you do not usually eat, should you decide to order from this caterer?

dealstoshare

Hi,

I'm not sure if it is safe you to take in alcohol at this stage..

For me, my secret ingredient during my confinement period was the Huiji Waist Tonic. I first got to know about it when the 972fm DJ, Fenying shared about her experience. Then, i realised that this product is quite good during confinement period and no alcohol content in it, so i've decided to give it a try. My mum whipped up dishes using it daily and it was really yummy. She said it was a convenient way to cook herbal chicken and stuff like that..

I thought you should try it out. Let me know if it works as well for you when you've tried it! :)