Continuous Bleeding during 2nd Trimester

I am in my 23rd week of pregnancy now and started light bleeding on 27th feb night. There was no pain or any unusual symptoms but I was worried anyway and went to see my gynea the next day.

By then, the bleeding has reduced to spotting and from the ultrasound scan, gynea assured that baby is well so we weren't too concerned anymore. I was put on bedrest and told to refrain from physical activities. That night however, I suddenly experienced a large flow of bleeding. The blood was bright red in color and there was an alarmingly large amount of blood clot. The flow was much heavier than any I have ever experienced and the entire pad gets soaked in about an hour.

The heavy bleeding lasted for about a night with no other symptoms. By the next day (1st mar), the blood flow dropped significantly, color also turned dark red/brown and slowly reduced to spotting only. I decided to continue monitoring the condition instead of running to my gynea.

From 1st mar till today, the light bleeding / spotting continues, sometimes slightly heavier, sometimes lesser. On average one pad can last the entire day.

I'm rather concerned as it has been almost a week and the bleeding is still consistent. I googled but can't find any info on continuous bleeding during 2nd trimester.

Any mummies here experienced what I am going through right now?

*Another point to add on is that I am having terrible cough and flu now. Wonder if that has any linkage to the bleeding.*

Last edited:

Qookie

I think you need to go back to your gynae. It does seem like a lot of blood.

Better have a check to give yourself peace of mind, rather than give yourself unnecessary worry.