Coping with dyslexia in primary school

Cupcakes123

In a Primary school

Does anyone knows if a parent can request for the test papers to be read out to the child who has dyslexia?
These kids have a reading problem. But it does not mean that they have a problem listening or understanding.

Please advise! Thanks

msck

I know they allow time extension for national exam eg psle, n level n o level. dun think they will read for the students as being abke to read is one of the learning components.

princessaz

Hi, u can contact your child's school allied educator for learning and behavioural (aed lbs) support or in other words the school special needs officer. If your child's school does not have one, you should contact the school coubsellor or head of student development. Someone in school is in charge of overseeing the special exam arrangements area.
I was an ex-moe teacher & aed (lbs). I was appointed as reader for one of my pupils last year & was also a scribe (writing for them answers due to adhd) the 2 years before. The special exam arrangements are possible provided the child has a valid psychological report.
Hope this helps. :)