Cough, Runny nose...

budgetmoms

I startted working part-time last week and by Thursday my baby had slight fever and runny nose. By Fri, fever's gone but addition of slight cough. By now his cough seems worse with phlegm. He becomes rather cranky at night, sticky and worst of all, refuses to nurse. What should I do? Any mummies have experienced the same thing? Any food that I should avoid giving him? Pls help!!

LoVeS

my ds aso having flu n cough 2wks ago till now but his cough still persist till now.

LoVeS

me bring son see doc 1wk ago liao n medicine finish le but still coughing, sumtimes even cough until vomit his milk n phelgm all over himself.

xiaodaisy

i tink recently de whether not quite good ah.. cos alot of kids is sick mine 2 ds n moi cousins all sick last week oni.. actually if e kids are ard 2 or 3 and if not very serious i don bring dem see doctor n just give dem some medicine i have at home.. as for the cough u have to know whether it heaty cough or cold cough den u will be able to know wat food to take or avoid

Mum2Matty

I dunno how old is your child.. however, u can go and buy fresh lilybulb from NTUC or the dried lilybulb from chinese medical shop and use it to cook porridge for your child to eat. Lilybulb is good for cough and phlem and it nourish the upper respiratory tract. My son also has running nose/cough lately and after he eat the porridge, the mucus all came out in his poo and he's better the nx day.

U just use it to cook porridge but dun need to give the lily bulb to your child to eat.

I cook with silver fish and carrot and peas. U may cook with pork if you like.

LoVeS

my ds is almost 4mths old so i duno can take or not, i dun really dare anyhow let him intake things tat duno suitable for his age or not.

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
if you're not familiar with things, go see a doctor. If you're breastfeeding, don't stop... you've been exposed to the same germs and have immunity. That immunity will pass through your breastmilk to your darling.

For me, given that bb is less than 6 mths, I'd just let the cough run its course. At most, I'll up my Vit C intake so some will get passed on when I nurse bb.

bpquek

I dunno how old is your child.. however, u can go and buy fresh lilybulb from NTUC or the dried lilybulb from chinese medical shop and use it to cook porridge for your child to eat. Lilybulb is good for cough and phlem and it nourish the upper respiratory tract. My son also has running nose/cough lately and after he eat the porridge, the mucus all came out in his poo and he's better the nx day.

U just use it to cook porridge but dun need to give the lily bulb to your child to eat.

I cook with silver fish and carrot and peas. U may cook with pork if you like.
Hi
What is the chinese word for lilybulb?

Thanks

budgetmoms

My baby's health is fully restored. Thank God. Just found out that lilybulb is called 'bai he' in Chinese. Must say it's pretty good cos after mixing that into my baby's porridge, his cough & phlegm were reduced. You can buy that in Chinese medical hall around $2 for 100gm.

bpquek

My baby's health is fully restored. Thank God. Just found out that lilybulb is called 'bai he' in Chinese. Must say it's pretty good cos after mixing that into my baby's porridge, his cough & phlegm were reduced. You can buy that in Chinese medical hall around $2 for 100gm.
Can we cook lilybulb with porridge everyday?

TIA

leesm105

if western med doesn't work, try chinese doc with baby massage. Chinese med more mild & cough wont come back that often.