Dealing with black mold in the house

YoruVoly

Has anyone had to deal with removing black mold from the inside of your home? We have discovered mold growing inside of the air ducts and around the vents in several rooms. We sent the sample to the lab and it has come back as toxic black mold but apparently not the worst kind.

The landlord wants to remedy the situation as soon as possible and have discussed cleaning the ducts or replacing them altogether. We are leaving next week on vacation and told them to just do the work while we are gone.

I am wondering now though if I should ask them to do any sort of deep cleaning of the house and carpet since the mold spores have been circulating through the air and landing everywhere. Does the mold live on fabric, tile, carpet, hardwood?

We have all had health issues since moving here - I have had daily migraines and respiratory issues. The kids have had nosebleeds and headaches. We have been to doctors that just kept telling us that we must be allergic to something in this area (since we just moved here last year). I would be willing to place money that at least some of these issues are related to the mold issue.

If you have dealt with this, how did you remedy the situation?

olivi1980

Dealing with black mold can be quite daunting, but it's great that your landlord is taking action to remedy the situation promptly. Since mold spores can circulate through the air and settle on various surfaces, it might be a good idea to consider a deep cleaning of the entire house, including carpets, fabric, tiles, and hardwood floors.
This can help ensure that any lingering spores are removed, creating a healthier living environment for you and your family.
Also, reaching out to professionals like https://www.alldryus.com/new-york/new-york-city-water-damage-restoration/ could offer valuable expertise and assistance in tackling mold issues effectively.

Last edited: