Delivering at Raffles Hospital

jojoki

Anyone delivered there or delivering there? any idea wat they supply? pls share ur experience... thanks thanks thanks!!

nasha

Hi jojoki, my 1st gal was delivered there by Dr Thong.
All those things that u reqd aft giving birth like pad, wet wipes etc will be provided but of course charged to your account.
Same goes for your baby but do remember to bring your own receiving blankets, baby clothes etc for the day of discharged.

jojoki

they dont provide anything for baby at all?? wat was the bill like? u stayed single bedder? was the overall experience/service good?

January84

if I am not wrong, only TMC provide for BB items, a piece of top to wear home, receiving blanket, a bag with BB items including a few bottles of milk.

nasha

The things tt both mumy & bb need during hosp stay will definately b provided but its all chargeable to yr package.
Same likewise when u delivered at other hosp, they will give u a free bag consisting of a few bottles of formula milk, discount cpns, baby magazines etc. but not receiving blanket.
Me not so rich lah, I stayed at the 4 bedders but still, the service is excellent nevertheless. Cant realy remember how much is the maternaty package but hubby says its something like he paid abt $2k plus by cash, medisave not sure. Mine was an assisted delivery.
U delivering there?

jojoki

ya i delivering there becos my gynae dun wan deliver else where. I quite worried the about the bill too... cos i was there one day and saw this two nurses wheeling two newborns to the nursery and suddenly one of them said "Oh! Shit shit!!.." then i saw her wiping(?) the baby or adjusting his head (?) then the baby started crying and guess wat the nurse said to the baby? "shut up shut up...pls shut up" although not yelling but loud enough for me to hear from a distant.. this really marred my impression of raffles....really din expected tht.

nasha

Wah thats terrible!! The other time wen i was there all the nurses be it frm the ward/nursery was all very nice & caring. But that was 5yrs ago..

lydiana

ya i delivering there becos my gynae dun wan deliver else where. I quite worried the about the bill too... cos i was there one day and saw this two nurses wheeling two newborns to the nursery and suddenly one of them said "Oh! Shit shit!!.." then i saw her wiping(?) the baby or adjusting his head (?) then the baby started crying and guess wat the nurse said to the baby? "shut up shut up...pls shut up" although not yelling but loud enough for me to hear from a distant.. this really marred my impression of raffles....really din expected tht.

ooh dear...dats so scary to hear....

jojoki

ya its very unprofessional.... and if they cannot be patient and dun like babies they shouldnt work in that ward... i dun wan nurses to be mean behind my back to my baby.... i would be really really upset if i were to find out someone treated my baby that way.