Do u leave on the dot?

jal

In my previous company, I left on the dot almost everyday to catch the company bus. Sometimes, I even felt a bit paiseh that I go home on the dot everyday.

I like to leave on the dot. I dun like OT, even if it is payable. I prefer in having a HEALTHY work-life balance. I dun give a damn about staying back to show everyone that I am hardworking. Period.

Tig&P

if i'm not wrong... private sector/coy can't accept staff leaving on d dot...

I only know that govt/stat board staff, they hv to leave on the dote cos they usually take chartered tpt. .

mag_huiling

I only know that govt/stat board staff, they have to leave on the dote cos they usually take chartered tpt. .
not all private sector or company cant accept. as most of the companies i worked before, all private companies, me and colleagues will pack our stuffs in advance and wait for time to strike then leave on the dot. lol​

-jOanna

My company, must reach workplace at least 15min earlier, if got more things to do, sometimes comes in the day to do your stuff, although you working night shift.. But whether can finish on the dot so can go home on the dot anot depends also.. If you work day shift and your stuff have not finished, must stay back til you finish also...

OmTara

How do you all find the time to play with your kids, after work, while you all go back home late? My baby sleeps early, & i always try to leave work on the dot, if i have to stay back (even for 5 mins) i will be very fustrated. Miss my darling too much...

veronica

I am the only one always on the dot. The rest of the gals are single and has no problem with OT if need arises but not me.

I need to be home by 6 as have to fetch my son from CC.

Sometimes I feel paisay to be the only one leaving on the dot but i cant help it.

jaymumys

mami j , bunnykiss & rjj,

u ladies are lucky that ur office can allow u all to "payback". mine last time can. then duno which day suddenly boss wake up one day from the wrong side of the bed and never ever got right. then alot of unhappy things happen la. so now everytime, goto fly to work.

in my working place,now don't care already. come here on dot, leave here on dot. no one will appreciate whether u payback or not. still kena said & backstab....

sianz.

diymummy

I leave on the dot. If need got more work, will bring my work home. But now with a baby, even bring home work also cannot do. Haha... Either too tired or just sianz, wanna rest.

There's no end to work anyway. My health and rest is more important. Hehe.. I'm thankful I have a job that allows me to think that way.

suicul

I will usually leave on the dot except if I am still way too early for my appt or waiting for dad or hubby to fetch me:001_302:

as long you are effective at work, leaving on the dot, I don't think is an issue.
agree. I think as long as you do finish all that you have to do, leaving on the dot is fine.
It's about being efficient, not about putting up a show. Inversely, if somebody has to do OT all the time to get work done.. doesn't really reflect well on their productivity ;p

felicity

I only know that govt/stat board staff, they hv to leave on the dote cos they usually take chartered tpt. .
i used to work in private sector but hv chartered tpt so leave on the dot more often, although once in a while no choice but hv to stay. can stay until almost midnight. sometimes weekends have to be back, on own expenses.

now... at work for over 11 hours a day, plus bring work home to do until late into the night. but that's part and parcel of my job and i do like what i'm doing. previously i really don't mind as hubby also busy with his job, or he can keep himself entertained with the tv console games... but now pregnant already... always worrying what to do later on when with baby and wonder how i'll cope. =/

really wish i'm a superwoman. but i'm not =(