Dr Chan Kon Hon - Gleneagles

ashydll

I jus delivered in Sept'08 and Dr Chan was my gynae.

His stitching skills is indeed v good and I did not feel any pain during the delivery process. And yes, he's the gynae that helped Mark Lee's wife to deliver last year. If I'm not wrong, he also helped Mr Goh Chok Tong's daughter or daughter-in-law to deliver her baby too.

Catty

I jus delivered in Sept'08 and Dr Chan was my gynae.

His stitching skills is indeed v good and I did not feel any pain during the delivery process. And yes, he's the gynae that helped Mark Lee's wife to deliver last year. If I'm not wrong, he also helped Mr Goh Chok Tong's daughter or daughter-in-law to deliver her baby too.
Wow! So he's the most popular gynae in s'pore? Even Goh Chok Tong daughter or daughter-in-law also look for him.. :p

Can share ur total bills amount with Dr. Chan? :001_302:

ashydll

Wow! So he's the most popular gynae in s'pore? Even Goh Chok Tong daughter or daughter-in-law also look for him.. :p

Can share ur total bills amount with Dr. Chan? :001_302:
Hi Catty,

I paid $816 for pre-natal package after I reached the 16th week. But before the 16th week, every consultation costs me about $220.

Delivery charge with epidural (single bedded): $2470
Dr Chan's fee: $2670

The total bill was $6337.00 & after deducting $1800 from medisave, I paid the balance of $4537 by Cash.

Dr Chan is indeed a very nice gynae. I gave birth at 9pm+ and was able to get out of bed the next morning. He will come and visit during lunch time and evening time. Though his fees are really high but somehow his reassurance makes my pregnancy journey a breeze & nothing to worry about. One thing to note is that, his clinic waiting time can be very long if he's out for emergency c-sect. Once, he went out to deliver a baby when i was waiting for my turn at his clinic, he told us he'll only need 20mins, True enough, he came back in 20min's time. :001_302:

Last edited:

tulip_nel

hi, I am currently in my 7 wks pregnant.. i have seen Dr Peter Chew at Gleneeagles once... anyone of you hav consult him before? how much is his package? How is his stiches for natural and/or c-section?

senso

Dear MTB,

Am new here, just found out that am 6weeks pregnant for our 1st baby. =)
Am sourcing for a good gynae @ Gleneagles; and has shortlisted 2 : Dr Chan Kong Hon, Dr Foong L C. Can anyone advise who is better? Thanks.

akachan09

Dear MTB,

Am new here, just found out that am 6weeks pregnant for our 1st baby. =)
Am sourcing for a good gynae @ Gleneagles; and has shortlisted 2 : Dr Chan Kong Hon, Dr Foong L C. Can anyone advise who is better? Thanks.
Hi! Senso,

My gynae is Dr Chan Kong Hon. I have never used Dr Foong before but heard tat he is a good gynae too. Dr Chan's charges is ard $250 for just consultation and scan per visit. His package starts only at 16 weeks onwards. You may visit him and see if you are comfortable with him. His skill is good. :)

senso

Dear akachan

Thanks for your reply. Has settled for Dr Chan, and will be going for my 1st appointment tomorrow. =)

senso

Went to Dr Chan on monday, spent about SGD338 (consultation + scan + DHA). Both my hubby & I are very comfortable with him. Will stick with him, going back for another scan in 2 wks' time as we can't really see much except for the waterbag.

akachan09

Went to Dr Chan on monday, spent about SGD338 (consultation + scan + DHA). Both my hubby & I are very comfortable with him. Will stick with him, going back for another scan in 2 wks' time as we can't really see much except for the waterbag.
Hi Senso,

Glad that you are comfortable with Dr Chan. I am seeing him in two weeks' time too. When is your next appt date? Mine is on 28 Apr. :)

26JMC

hi there, u are how many weeks pregnant already?
Dr chan will use 4D scanning during the 1st visit? this way can see better and even clearer?

akachan09

Hi 26JMC,

Dr Chan uses 3D scan at 1st visit. I would say it is much clearer than a 2D scan. He can detect many things thru the scan. Just for my scan yesterday, he detected that my placenta has calcium deposits, meaning my placenta is aging.

senso

Hi akachan

My visit was ok, can see the foetus & hear the heartbeat now, very heartwarming!
Am closed to 8weeks pregnant. But am thinking of changing doctor.

akachan09

Hi akachan

My visit was ok, can see the foetus & hear the heartbeat now, very heartwarming!
Am closed to 8weeks pregnant. But am thinking of changing doctor.
Senso....Congrats! The first time when I saw my baby's heartbeat, I was thinking how amazing we human beings are..
Care to share why you are thinking to change gynae? You can pm me if you want. :)

eurostar

i got to mary yang at gleneagles and it cost 100 for first visit. Subsequent visit will be 50.
Me too but subsquent visit now is $60
2D scan $60
lab test $190 :shyxxx:

next visit can take package $600
did u opt for addition $300 for 2d-scan as package only inlcude 2x 2D scan and 1x 3D scan?

missblue18

hi i was visiting dr peter chew at glen e and his charges were expensive to me:

before package average bill $160 to $250

package at 16weeks is $1600 which does not cover pills or scan which means after package i stil gotta pay like at least $100 each time for scan and pills

delivery is within package but i still have to pay $500 for his doc fee which he charges for visiting me after delivery to check on my stitches.

i want to switch gynae so was wondering if Dr Chan is in fact cheaper even though everyone says he's ex?i mean if his package is only 800 bucks includes pills n scan n consultation...then its not so ex right?

by the way i'm not preggy again...just researching for another gd gynae. hopefully one who is nice n patient. thanks!
'