Dr Koh Gim Hwee

jojoki

Hi anyone delivered by Dr Koh from Raffles? I'm currently seeing him but wish to know more about his delivery skills. Appreciate any feedbacks!

jojoki

nobody delivered by dr koh gim hwee from raffles womans clinic at tampines junction?

shan

hi jojoki!my son was delivered by dr koh in 2006. i would say i'm very comfortable with him, he's very patient & clears all my doubts every 3 weeks i see him.

i'll be making appt with him soon, too. =)

jojoki

wow finally someone delivered by him! actually he always seems preoccupied with other things and often pick up calls while doing ultrasounds for me. So I am rather worried.. did u delivery natural ? any episiotomy? is his stitching skills good? and did u also deliver at raffles? sorry so many questions.. i'm due on 090309 at raffles

shan

i'm not sure if you go during day or night.. my appt with him is always around 8pm. maybe thats why he's not so 'busy' with other things. mine was induce natural delivery with epidural.. his stitching is good. i didn't experience any pain aftermath. the stitch healed in less than a week. yup, i delivered at raffles too. =)

Hang

Hi Jojoki & Shan,

I did my first consultation with Dr Koh and find him comfortable. But his antenatal package cost $2200 for normal delivery which seems expensive. Some packages are only costing ard $600-$800 excluding delivery.

Any idea how much does delivery usually costs? Can share with me your total bill delivering at Raffles?

Thanks a lot.

jojoki

i think bcos most antenatal pacckage starts at 5 months. Raffles starts at 3 months... thts y. I've no idea how much bill at raffles would be... but i guess after medisave u will still need to fork out cash $3- 4k for a normal delivery.

shan

Hang & jojoki,

my antenatal package is $2k because Dr Koh is my gynae for the 2nd time
(thats what he told me.)

i gave birth to my son in mid 2006. my hospital bill size was $2900+
(4 bedder, normal delivery with epidural)
and my son's neonatal bill is $600+
(inclusive of the first jab fee)

total bill is about $3500 and i paid $1600 cash. while the rest using medisave.

Hope this helps :)

shan

yeah. but i think 4 bedder good enough.
i actually thought of 2 bedder but lucky i didn't upgrade
cuz all the while only another bed was taken
until the day i was gonna be discharged.. hee. :Dancing_wub:

jojoki

Dr Koh just delivered my baby on 27th Feb. I must say it have been excellent being with Dr Koh and the Raffles Medical Team. My stay at raffles hosp been superb and the nurses are fantastic. I had a real pain free experience throughout. I highly recommend Dr Koh. :)

kuchilek

Dr Koh just delivered my baby on 27th Feb. I must say it have been excellent being with Dr Koh and the Raffles Medical Team. My stay at raffles hosp been superb and the nurses are fantastic. I had a real pain free experience throughout. I highly recommend Dr Koh. :)
Congratulations Jojoki! Could you share the final amount of your bill?

lynnzo

hi jojoki...do you mind sharing your bill at raffles wif us?i heard good feedback about dr koh from a few friends before too..how is his stitching skills?thanks in advance..

jojoki

hi jojoki...do you mind sharing your bill at raffles wif us?i heard good feedback about dr koh from a few friends before too..how is his stitching skills?thanks in advance..
at rh antenatal package starts from 3 mths pregnancy.. $2.2k u hav to pay $1.8k upfront n bal $600 upon delivery. upon checking in to hosp i paid 1.6k fr deposit. i took 2 bedder stayed 3 days 2 nights, had epidural, n induce birth (took oxytocin drip) upon check out paid bal of 0.20 cents. meaning all in cash was $3.4k exclusive medisave deduction.

But the hospital stay was excellent.. the midwives are great to start off with. Very experience and good in guiding ur delivery. All the nurses are also efficient and very gentle. They will bring ur baby to u at anytime and u can spend lots of time bonding with ur baby. After delivery they also teach u how to latch... there's also a post-natal class to teach u how to bf and bathe ur baby. Food variety very wide but no confinement food though. The rooms are great very big. I had the whole room to myself as no roomate.

Dr Koh is very very gentle and good. He's very pro... when he burst my water bag check dilation all done without any pain. He told me I would deliver by lunch time at around 7.30am.. and i delivered at 1:05pm. Quite accurate. But he's a man of few words... just fyi. Stitches i couldnt see but heard he is excellent in stitching.. i suppose so too as I din felt any pain after delivery and was up n walking the by night time .. (actually forbidden to walk) but i walked a bit lar.
Hope this helps.. but choosing RH was really a perfect choice for me. I had the most wonderful delivery experience there!!! All the best!

lynnzo

at rh antenatal package starts from 3 mths pregnancy.. $2.2k u hav to pay $1.8k upfront n bal $600 upon delivery. upon checking in to hosp i paid 1.6k fr deposit. i took 2 bedder stayed 3 days 2 nights, had epidural, n induce birth (took oxytocin drip) upon check out paid bal of 0.20 cents. meaning all in cash was $3.4k exclusive medisave deduction.

But the hospital stay was excellent.. the midwives are great to start off with. Very experience and good in guiding ur delivery. All the nurses are also efficient and very gentle. They will bring ur baby to u at anytime and u can spend lots of time bonding with ur baby. After delivery they also teach u how to latch... there's also a post-natal class to teach u how to bf and bathe ur baby. Food variety very wide but no confinement food though. The rooms are great very big. I had the whole room to myself as no roomate.

Dr Koh is very very gentle and good. He's very pro... when he burst my water bag check dilation all done without any pain. He told me I would deliver by lunch time at around 7.30am.. and i delivered at 1:05pm. Quite accurate. But he's a man of few words... just fyi. Stitches i couldnt see but heard he is excellent in stitching.. i suppose so too as I din felt any pain after delivery and was up n walking the by night time .. (actually forbidden to walk) but i walked a bit lar.
Hope this helps.. but choosing RH was really a perfect choice for me. I had the most wonderful delivery experience there!!! All the best!

thanks alot for the info jojoki..appreciate it vy much..i still very blur at all these as its my first baby..:Dancing_wub:

shan

hi jojoki!! though i'm a bit late, but congrats!! :Dancing_wub:

andrianie

am also thinking of delivering at Raffles but the antenatal classes a bit ex for me. When i did my research for Thomson, package max price also $1.2 only..

jojoki

am also thinking of delivering at Raffles but the antenatal classes a bit ex for me. When i did my research for Thomson, package max price also $1.2 only..

dun think thomson any cheaper than raffles actually.. cos raffles antenatal package starts from 3 months pregnancy n includes scans n supplements... most other pacakges starts from 5-6 mths pregnancy.. thts y.

raffles is good u wont regret.. but i think thomson is equally good too... :p so exciting ya!

shan

dun think thomson any cheaper than raffles actually.. cos raffles antenatal package starts from 3 months pregnancy n includes scans n supplements... most other pacakges starts from 5-6 mths pregnancy.. thts y.

raffles is good u wont regret.. but i think thomson is equally good too... :p so exciting ya!

yesyes! i agree. :Dancing_wub: