Engaging A Nanny

Mrs Xie

Hi Mommies, if you'd engaged a nanny as your child's care-giver, may I know how much is the charges like? And what qualities should a nanny have inorder to entrust your child to her? Kindly advise... Thk u very much :tlaugh:

celine

nanny's experience, who is usually in the hse, the cleanliness of the hse (can only think of this at the moment)....

Im giving $450/mth nw (I think mine is consider cheap liao, usually is $500/mth)... will b giving $520 fr next mth...

Mrs Xie

nanny's experience, who is usually in the hse, the cleanliness of the hse (can only think of this at the moment)....

Im giving $450/mth nw (I think mine is consider cheap liao, usually is $500/mth)... will b giving $520 fr next mth...
Wow... so cheap! I asked around and some even $600/mth, and after dd can eat porridge liao hv to add $50..... woo.... so expensive..... hw did u manage to get this nanny?

celine

Wow... so cheap! I asked around and some even $600/mth, and after dd can eat porridge liao hv to add $50..... woo.... so expensive..... hw did u manage to get this nanny?

recommend by neighbour... :tlaugh:
if u know ppl ard u mayb u can ask them help u to look out...

the other time I ask ard is abt $500-$550 leh... Usually $600 is the price for gg into infant care with mother working subsidy...

Mrs Xie

recommend by neighbour... :tlaugh:
if u know ppl ard u mayb u can ask them help u to look out...

the other time I ask ard is abt $500-$550 leh... Usually $600 is the price for gg into infant care with mother working subsidy...
Hi Celine, may I know your bbsitting timing? From 7am to 7pm? Thks. :tlaugh:

oops... Charlotte is going to nanny soon... n Mrs Xie is starting work tomorrow liao!!! :Dancing_wub: welcome to working life!!! :tlaugh:

JenLee98

Mrs Xie.... besides cleanilness, look out for the nanny's family members also.... see if they are ok as in behaviour and speaking etc... don't want ur kid to pick up undesirable habits there right ?

My sis was fortunate, she got a nanny who is a former kindergarten teacher, can teach my nephew to sing songs and recite chinese poems etc ! But that was many years ago liao ......:tlaugh:

CynCyn

Do I have to interview the nanny if i'm hiring one ? What if she lies when interviewing her ? I may not knw right ?

mcqueen

Sometime, hire nanny is same like hire maid. Depend on your luck!! My advice...No matter how gd is ur nanny, you must close one eye on certain thing.

I paid my son's nanny $700 (Mon-Fri day & night) but that was 3yrs ago. We hired maid & brought back my son when he was 2yrs old.

Good luck!:tlaugh:

JenLee98

Do I have to interview the nanny if i'm hiring one ? What if she lies when interviewing her ? I may not knw right ?
Take a look at her house environment - cleanliness, other members, etc. Better if could speak to her neighbours to get feedback..... Once bb in her care, can try to call during the day and ask how is everything, ok ? Occasionally can go and fetch bb earlier unannounced and see what they are doing.

Mrs Xie

Take a look at her house environment - cleanliness, other members, etc. Better if could speak to her neighbours to get feedback..... Once bb in her care, can try to call during the day and ask how is everything, ok ? Occasionally can go and fetch bb earlier unannounced and see what they are doing.
Lol.... the nanny's hse renovated till I can't see her living room directly from the outside... think she very clever hor.... how to ambush her like tat? Headache...

JenLee98

Lol.... the nanny's hse renovated till I can't see her living room directly from the outside... think she very clever hor.... how to ambush her like tat? Headache...
When fetching BB, just go inside her house and not wait at the door..... or use the excuse can I go to your toilet ? Look out for hair/ dirt etc. on the floor/ chair. If BB starts to crawl and picks things up from the floor to put insdie mouth, have to be careful lor .....

Mrs Xie

What's the market rate like for a nanny ?
Normally is around $500/mth, additional $50/mth for baby's food like porridge. As for mine, $600/mth + $50 for dd's food. As my nanny has 20 over years of experiences and dd looks all right under her care, think it's worth it. You may wish to look out for one from your friends, relatives or neighbours, might be cheaper. Celine's nanny was intro by someone she knows and only $450/mth..... additional for food only add up to $500+ and I think is quite worth it.

Last edited:

celine

ya, if can get someone to intro (might b cheaper) & oso u may able to get more info fr the person tt intro u (more trustwrothy)...