Exercise for Primary

heisun

I am looking for some good Math, English and Chinese Exercise for my Primary 2 girl.
Which one (or publication) is recommended?
Thanks!

MomKiasu

I have been through this twice before and have gone through piles of assessment books to give my child. What i have found is that the most effective way of exercise is to do exam papers. Hope this helps! :)

heisun

I have been through this twice before and have gone through piles of assessment books to give my child. What i have found is that the most effective way of exercise is to do exam papers. Hope this helps! :)
Thanks MomKiasu.

What if I just want to arrange sort of "routine" exercise to keep her motivation, any good exercise/ publication is good from your experience?

MomKiasu

Math: i would suggest getting a basic assessment book that covers topical exercise for recap purposes. Need not be too thick, thin one will work best so that students will be motivated to do it while work as a refresher for them. My fav publisher will be Fan learning Teach & Learn Series. A 2nd book that targets on problem sum, sorted out in topics and the level of difficulty, there are quite a lot of good publishers out there, I suggest that you buy a publisher that best suits your child's standard.

English: I would suggest books with model papers that covers everything from MCQ (grammar / vocab) to close passage & comprehension etc. Instead of assessment that focuses on grammar by itself, synthesis by itself. I realize students dreaded doing the latter.

Last edited: