First time mom with lots of questions!

gowrianant

Hi Mommies!

I'm a first-time mom and I'm in my 10th week. I'm going for check ups at Kendang Kerbau Hospital and everything's going well (well, not really...I'm constantly vomiting and not able to keep food down...but that's for another post!).

I'm told that I should go for a private gynae but I'm concerned about the cost. Even if I take a package with Dr Adrian Woodworth, for example (I live near Sengkang so it would be convenient) that means my baby will be delivered by him at Mt Alvernia or Thomson, right? But isn't it expensive to deliver at these hospitals? Can I use my Medisave or my husband's to pay for my delivery?

What would the gynae package cover btw?

Sorry if I sound clueless. Really hope someone can shed light on the whole process!

Snowycat

Hi yes, you can use ur medisave or ur husband medisave to pay for the hospital expenses for u & ur baby at any hospital. U can check amt of medisave ( can claim more if u stay in a better ward) that can be deducted online or go for a hospital tour. My friend after all deductions paid $1900 ( everything including doc feed) for a 2 day one nite stay at mt alvernia, natural delivery, 2 bedder ward.
For me i stayed 3 nites at thomson medical, caesearan . Entire bill is $8000 ,after medisave deductions, i paid $ 3 k plus for single bed ward.

For gynae package, i signed with Dr Benjamin Tham . $600 for 11 scheduled consultations. Includes doc consultation, urine test, ultrasound with 2 free pic or bring thumbdrive. Doesnt include supplements or any medication. You can claim up to $400 for ur prenatal consultation using medisave.

Snowycat

Mount Alvernia is slightly cheaper than thomson and they have good lactation consultants i heard. I chose thomson cos my gynae clinic is inside thomson medical.

gowrianant

thanks so much Snowy cat! that was very eye opening :)

can I take the prenatal package with Dr Benjamin Tham and choose to deliver at the
KKH private suite?

sicapie

I actually opt to give birth at TMC, so I have a gynae from TMC since the discovery of my pregnancy. Opting for 1 bedder, and the amount payable via Medisave is around $2.4k. I agree that Mt A nurses are very good with lactation and hands-on, but heard that it is going under major construction work, and it is less accessible as compared to TMC, thus, I give up the idea of delivering at Mt A even though Mt A is my first option.

I seriously doubt that private Gynae can deliver at KKH even though you opt for private suite. From my experience with TMC gynae, they can only deliver at TMC or Mt. A (or any other Private Hospital). As KKH is not a private hospital to start with, even though you opted for private suite, I seriously doubt that Dr Benjamin Tham can deliver there.