Floor prep before epoxy

Slowmad

Hey all, I just bought a house a few months ago and I want to coat the garage floor before we get stuff accumulating in the garage. Right now I'm leaning towards ArmorPoxy. The garage is roughly 19" wide by 26" deep. The house was built in 1997. It looks like it's had a coating of paint some time in the past, so I'm planning on renting a grinder to prep the floor before the epoxy. My question is, what to do about the cracks/joints. I have about 25 feet worth of small cracks. Most of them are small enough that I think it would be difficult to fill. There are a couple places where some larger chunks have chipped out, but all in all, they're pretty small cracks. What sort of prep work do I need to do to take care of these?

Any unfilled void/crack will telegraph through your coating and will be a likely place for a failure to start.
That joint is a coin-toss. You can fill or not, your choice.

Those cracks need to be chased out.

DianaPowell

Wow, you are a great fellow that you decided not to spend money on workers but to do everything yourself. I think you should sand the floor with a laser machine. This will help remove large cracks. And then the seams that remain are best filled with special foam. When I changed the floor, I read on the Internet how to do it right and came across the site https://craftyclub.co/1363/cheap-diy-flooring-ideas-you-need-to-know-about/. This helped me a lot. I did it this way, and it worked out well. So I advise you to try.