Food To Give - 1 Year Old

annie

For now, i am only giving her porridge with ingredients such as, threadfin/ cod fish, pumpkin, spinach, sweet potatoes, yam, egg yolk etc.
Anymore that i can give?
Is chicken or pork alright to give?
she is already 11mths right? chicken and pork can give. no problem. my girl started with chicken as her first meat when she is about 8mths old.. fish only around 9mths old i think...you can visit this site for more info on what you can give her http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

Ting

For now, i am only giving her porridge with ingredients such as, threadfin/ cod fish, pumpkin, spinach, sweet potatoes, yam, egg yolk etc.
Anymore that i can give?
Is chicken or pork alright to give?

yes u can give chicken n pork.
but minced.

Ting

for this age, u can start giving diff kinds of variety.
instead of just porridge, can cook soup for her.
with rice or pasta or macaroni or noodles.
rice-not too dry n hard, add more water.
pasta - can give ABC pasta
noodles- can give softer kinds like mee sua or kuay teow in soup.

some ideas:
potato,carrot,tomato soup with pork. (can add corn to enhance sweetness)
ABC pasta in tomato sauce.
sharkfin melon with pork soup.
fried rice.
sliced fish soup.
macaroni with chicken soup.
rice with steam veggies(carrots, potato, sweet potato, brocolli) and steam minced pork patty.

ehh, cant think of others for the time being..

for breakfast:
cereal with fruits (cut up strawberries, kiwis, apple, etc) mix with/without FM/BM.
many kind of cereals, like cornflake(no sugar), honey stars, coco krunch, fruity pebbles, etc.
bread with jam/abit of peanut butter.
waffles.
pancakes.
chee cheong fun with abit of sweet sauce.
chwee kuay with a bit of the chai po.
toast bread with cheese (lightly toasted). (can cut into cute shapes for her)
ham n cheese bread (can use the cheese cubes spread).

instead of giving ice cream, u can give abit of yoghurt.
tea time snacks can include, biscuits n bread n green bean soup or barley.
this can encourage your child to self feed.

:)

annie

im starting to feel my girl's breakfast is so boring lol. cos i give her oatmeal cereal every morning but mix with differnet kind of fruits everyday la.. fruitty oatmeal cereal.. i wanna try french toast, cereals also but then she haven tried them before.. need to slowly introduce her in case she allergy to them..

btw, im interested to make my girl macaroni also but.. macaroni, bee hoon etc in soup.. isnt it messy to feed them cos of the soup? like will drip here n there? i used to hate feeding her watery cereal cos super messy.. porridge also.. now that she is older, i make them more chunky so easy to feed n not messy..

Ting

well, feeding tots r always messy. gets messier when they self feed!
can let her wear bibs, then not too bad. n get ready your wet wipes n hankies!

annie

ya she is super messy when she eats finger food cos she loves squahing them in her hands! then all drop to the floor... luckily i got a furry vacumn cleaner to clean up her mess (my dog! lol).

snowbear

im starting to feel my girl's breakfast is so boring lol. cos i give her oatmeal cereal every morning but mix with differnet kind of fruits everyday .. fruitty oatmeal cereal.. i wanna try french toast, cereals also but then she have not tried them before.. need to slowly introduce her in case she allergy to them..

btw, im interested to make my girl macaroni also but.. macaroni, bee hoon etc in soup.. isnt it messy to feed them cos of the soup? like will drip here and there? i used to hate feeding her watery cereal cos super messy.. porridge also.. now that she is older, i make them more chunky so easy to feed and not messy..
macaroni doesn't have to be in soup! :) You can try stir-fry macaroni with some of the ingredients she's had before so you dont need to worry about allergies.

Anyway, until now, alicia still refuses to eat soupy stuff but she loves her vegetables simmered in the soup i cook for her. If I dun simmer the vegetables in the soup she doesn't want to eat the veggies. But ask her to drink the same soup via spoon/cup/bowl and she refuses... weird...

annie

hmm... stir fried with oil?cos ive always been eating chicken macaroni since young so got the idea macaroni is with soup and shreded chicken lol. macaroni is pasta right? so its made from wheat? bread also? i wanna let my girl try bread soon and see if she is ok with it..so if she is ok with bread liao means ok with macaroni also is it?

snowbear

hmm... stir fried with oil?cos ive always been eating chicken macaroni since young so got the idea macaroni is with soup and shreded chicken lol. macaroni is pasta right? so its made from wheat? bread also? i wanna let my girl try bread soon and see if she is ok with it..so if she is ok with bread means ok with macaroni also is it?
Like I mentioned to you before, you can find wheat-free pasta to cook for jumpy.

Actualy most babies are not allergic to bread. Maybe next time you eat just pinch a little for her and see how? I started alicia on bread at 9 months.

annie

oh? lol pai seh i forgot!

btw, is it strange if jumpy can take some fish but allergy to mackerel?? she is ok with tuna n salmon but then that day i gave her mackerel she got hives.. in fact i dunno if its mackerel cos i bought ikan billis powder online.. then it has a mixture of ikan billis, salmon n mackerel ground up into powder.. then i gave it to her n she got hives the next day.. dunno if its the ikan billis or mackerel but i think not ikan billis since so many of us takes it since bb also ok?

snowbear

oh? lol pai seh i forgot!

btw, is it strange if jumpy can take some fish but allergy to mackerel?? she is ok with tuna and salmon but then that day i gave her mackerel she got hives.. in fact i dont know if its mackerel cos i bought ikan billis powder online.. then it has a mixture of ikan billis, salmon and mackerel ground up into powder.. then i gave it to her and she got hives the next day.. dont know if its the ikan billis or mackerel but i think not ikan billis since so many of us takes it since baby also ok?
hmm, then i think better avoid both for the time being...