good eye doctor recommendation

amylqf

My daughter has 50 degree myopia since k1. My husband and me also have myopia. since the degree is so low, the singapore refraction center didn't ask her to put on spectacle.

Recently we noticed that she keep on narrowing her eyes to watch TV (although we do not let her see TV very often and observe her habbit of using eyes). Then we sent her to the optical shop to use the machine to test her eyes. degree seems increase to 170. Optometrist there recommend me to bring my dd to park more often during school holiday (train eye to see further). Just before P1 start, check again to see if there is any improvement. If not, most likely the myopia is real and need to wear spectacle in order to see white board while she is in p1.

Then I heard from my friend's own experience. She said wearing glasses earlier for young children will just make their eye become lazy (too depends on spectacle to see).
She used to wear 250 degree spectacle, then she stop wearing them for half an year due to lost of the spectacle.
When she can't see, she doesn't strain her eyes, just open the eye big to see. After some time, she can see clear and doesn't need to wear spectacle anymore. Now she has good eye sight.

Well, I am a bit confused now. Can you please share with your experience?

p.s. anyone know a good eye doctor in public hospital so can get gov subsidy, like KK?

Hi,

I would advise you to go to polyclinic and tell them the problem... get them to refer u to KK. It would be much cheaper this way....

My boy failed the eye test during his 4 year old checkup at the polyclinic and was referred to KK for further test. Each time the payment is less then $50 and is like half a year or 1 year kind of routine check. He have very high astigmatism and no myopia.... now he's 7 years old and KK say he no longer need to go hospital check and can just go to the normal optician as he is old enough to concentrate and communicate.

Good luck.

amylqf

Thanks, Wayne's mama.

the Optometrist @shop told me that my dd's condition is not something complicated that need to see "Doctor". that's why I need to verify with all experienced mom here.

JessYen

My optician once screen my eye sight twice in a mth and its drops 100 degrees..... so he asked me wat did i do.... As i was SAHM, i think that its the soup that makes the diff.... hehehe.... jus my opinion...

Cheers

Last edited:
maybe u stare lesser at the monitor... that also make the diff....

for me, my astig dropped to 0........ degree also dropped 25..... that could be due to age