Happy Ending to IVF Journey

HappyMummy2

Hi Everyone,

I am writing this to give hope to everyone who is looking for one.

Brief history.. I am 26 years old and my husband 30. we have been trying to conceive for almost 1 year plus. We tried everything and anything to conceive. But it just did not happen.

Husband's family tree has a good history when it comes to starting a family. Mine too. At least i can see childing mushrooming every now and then within family. We could not understand why we are not able to conceive. we decided to go meet a dr. At first we went to SGH. They just decided to ask some probes and give out med to release eggs. Assuming that everything was wrong on my end. Dr said there is no reason to feel that Husband is not producing enough sperm (he does not smoke or drink daa!) and family (his siblings) has good history of making children lol. Not to mention that those meds messed up my periods. But they where on right track. they had asked us to get sperm sample if this med does not work.

We decided to quit SGH and moved to Raffles as we did not feel confident after my periods just stopped without any positive results. They did the same probing and asked me to do a some scanning of Fallopian tubes and husband a sperm trial wash. My results came out ok.

But It was heart break to know that husband did not have any sperm at all. None. We could not believe and felt like we have been hit by a car. paralyzed. Even after a healthy lifestyle we follow.

Husband decided to meet a urologist in same hospital. they examine the testicle size and said they are good and healthy but they could not feel the Vas deference (this is the tube connecting Testicles with Seminal vesicles). It was clinically proven that there was no vas deference. Only solution provided by dr was to tear open and take out some sperm tubes to see if there are any live ones. Obviously this idea of opening up a scrotum did not go well with my husband. I am sure no male can imagine it. Respect to those who went through it.

We decided to look for more non evasive methods. We looked for best clinics in Singapore and decided to visit Dr. in Parkway Clinic. They came to same conclusion in clinical observation. But provided us with non evasive methods to extract sperm if found.

Vitus Fertility clinic in Orchid road was our heaven for rest of our lives. We went for a minor observatory day surgery where some tubules where extracted and was found to have good and healthy sperms. We decided to go for the IVF and Pregnancy was successful. I delivered a beautiful baby last month.

Dr emhasised that our age factor was the main driving force behind sucess for IVF sucess in first attempt. and primary issue being with husband.

I would recommend everyone to test and get results asap as our age is ticking.

Hope you will find what you are looking for. Wish you guys all the best.

Regards