Has anyone been charged tax?

sandrahofis

I first noticed over on the marketplace that someone from California was being charged tax on their gfc.because they shared their invoice.(attached below) A couple of other people chimed in stating they had not been charged tax. I just went on to the website to purchase an accessory and it is applying tax to that item whether it is picked up in person or delivered.(attached below) I called gfc to ask them about this and he said you should only have to pay tax if your item is delivered to California or a state that requires sales tax be collected. That guy’s invoice contradicts this because he stated the camper was going to be picked up but perhaps something will be fixed in regards to that. If what Colin said is true that means if you get white glove delivery service to California they will collect the tax so if you planned on dodging that like all of us do you can’t do it now. Your camper just got more expensive.
Has anyone in a tax collecting state been charged tax from GFC yet?

peterhend

Everyone is charged taxes on their GFC, but not everyone notices this step. And this is sad because the world is not informed. It is good when someone shares this information; thus, people become much more informed and start analyzing all their taxes. I didn't even pay attention to the fees and taxes I was paying until I made my online paystub. I found a pay stub generator with which I created my paystub on https://www.thepaystubs.com/ in 2 minutes, and since then, every month, I have been more and more shocked at how much money goes to taxes without even knowing. So we have to take care of our finances.