Help for my girl

teddylover

Hi all,

I have a Primary 4 girl who has some learning issues and is struggling with her studies. She finds it hard to pay attention in school and has pretty bad handwriting. Her grades are suffering as a result. I used to think that it's just her growing up phase but it seems to be getting worse.

Any one has any recommendation on what should I do and where I can get help?

MomKiasu

Hi all,

I have a Primary 4 girl who has some learning issues and is struggling with her studies. She finds it hard to pay attention in school and has pretty bad handwriting. Her grades are suffering as a result. I used to think that it's just her growing up phase but it seems to be getting worse.

Any one has any recommendation on what should I do and where I can get help?
I follow a simple rule to get my child to concentrate. Give attention to get attention. How much attention a child gives a task also depends on whether he is enjoying himself. Many children struggle when asked to do something they don't want to do. What I suggest you do is to turn things that is more important to you than to your child, into something fun for her. If you are trying to teach her how to write well, train her to draw on a chalk board or paint out letters rather than forcing her to sit down and repeatedly write long sentences.

Hope this helps!

teddylover

I follow a simple rule to get my child to concentrate. Give attention to get attention. How much attention a child gives a task also depends on whether he is enjoying himself. Many children struggle when asked to do something they dont't want to do. What I suggest you do is to turn things that is more important to you than to your child, into something fun for her. If you are trying to teach her how to write well, train her to draw on a chalk board or paint out letters rather than forcing her to sit down and repeatedly write long sentences.

Hope this helps!
I'll try this out. Hopefully, she will become better and be more able to concentrate and focus on her work.