Help lump found during breastfeeding!

AwkwardBean

Hello all mummies out there, i need some help. have you all ever found a hard lump in your breasts? I am still breastfeeding, but i am sure this isnt a milk lump, as even though ive fed my baby from this side of the breast for afew feedings, and she has drained all the milk clumps, the lump is still there. It doesnt go away or becomes smaller even if i sqeeze it. Could this be breast cancer? Have this occured to any of you? Anyway, can you get breastcancer whe you are breast feeding? Because i found this lump only yesterday, and ive been feeding my baby for about 7 weeks now... Thanks for all your help!! by the way i feed my baby directly, not pump. it shouldnt be a blocked duct...?

Last edited:

Ivy Miao

Hello all mummies out there, i need some help. have you all ever found a hard lump in your breasts? I am still breastfeeding, but i am sure this isnt a milk lump, as even though ive fed my baby from this side of the breast for afew feedings, and she has drained all the milk clumps, the lump is still there. It doesnt go away or becomes smaller even if i sqeeze it. Could this be breast cancer? Have this occured to any of you? Anyway, can you get breastcancer whe you are breast feeding? Because i found this lump only yesterday, and ive been feeding my baby for about 7 weeks now... Thanks for all your help!! by the way i feed my baby directly, not pump. it shouldnt be a blocked duct...?
Hi mummy,

CHILL!!!! I had this problem when i just deliver my son. I was like you! I told my husband, could it be tumor.. I found it under my armpit too. Until I went to see my Gynae, she said its milk duct. Use warm water with towel to massage the area for about 15 - 20minutes. So the milk duct "melt" It wont go away if you do it 1 time. Continue to do everytime before you bf your baby. Massage with warm towel. I know its really troublesome. This is the only way to melt the milk duct.

Good luck! And dont stress yourself too much. =)

mummy jay

My massage lady recommended fillling a milk bottle with hot water then using it to massage the lump. Massage towards the nipple. She said the hard bottle is more effective than a towel. I've tried it and it works in unblocking milk ducts quite quickly. If you try everything but the lump is still there then go and see your doctor.

Borntaker

Gal, it is blocked duct. it happened to mi as well... suddenly got 1 lump and i also thought is cancer keke.. but jus keep on massage e lump and push towards e nipple and it wil get clear.

Must be a plugged duct. Massage it with hot compress or while having a hot shower. You can also massage the area while pumping or while feeding baby. :)

nutela

hi...is the lump small or big? mine is small, like a pea size..i suddenly got a lump...i dun bf anymore, my baby juz stop but my milk supply is still there, n i dun wan my milk supply to stop so sometimes i manually squeeze or pump out and put in his biscuit to melt them...
i have try massaging, n sometimes it goes away but sometimes it is there, i try massaging n poke2 the lump til my breast red2...but the little pea size is still there...or is there any other mtd? any mummies experience this too?

triplejoy

I also have this pea size lump in one of my breast. It started out as very painful big milk duct blockage and after 2 days of massaging, the pain was gone but a small lump formed. I couldn't clear it even after 1 mth. I have checked with a lactation consultant and was told that its called a milk cyst due to a blocked milk duct. As long as the lump doesnt increase in size and painful, it will be okay. However if the size increase and become painful then she advice to see a breast doctor/surgeon.

nutela

yup yup..e lump very small n no pain n try pressing and clearing all but it stil there for a week... i juz hope it goes away or stop increasing or nothing wrong with me...so scary..