help!

Muffie

my 2 month old baby is formula fed with similac advance stage 1 and he is poop is dark green but he only poops once every 1-2 days. issit normal? his appetite is normal to me. he drinks 120ml-140ml every 3 hours. he doesnt seem irritated or anything. shud i bring him to the PD? TIA!

samairamom

Looks normal if he is feeding regularly n is no it fussy or irritated...its normal for babies to poop once in a day or two...though not sure I f green color ...

my bb is almost 4 months and she poops every 2-4 days.. her poo is sometimes dark green and pasty like "dao sar".. she is on full FM and i just started giving her sips of water coz FM is heaty.. So, it is normal for your bb to poop every other day :)

Muffie

hi all! thanks for the reply :) appreciate it.. i brought him to the PD as well.. she gave me some probiotics and his poop went back to the yellowish colour and he poops 2-3 times per day already but im still on similac advance though.. PD told me i dont have to change the formula if he is still pooping and no constipation. :)

ajcy

If you feel baby is fine is ok!

Just to share, our pd told us babies poo vary from shades of yellow - greenish (soft, pasty) . If brownish, dark brown or black then we need to take note and be concerned. Frequency of poo not as important as quality of poo, but he did tell us this only cos our son is breastfeeding supplemented with formula. He told us if we are fully formula feeding that it is better to have 1-2 poos per day.

Muffie

hi ajcy!
thanks for sharing! my son has been pooping everyday so far after the visit to the pd last week! will take note of that! thank u!