Hiring a transfer maid

eeshern

I am moving back to SG soon and am planning to hire a maid. Heard that there are many maids waiting to be transfered as many expats and locals are being retrenched. Is this true? Also how do i know if the maids are any good? Am really bad at interviewing people so need some advise on what to look out for. THanks!

joeichen

I am moving back to SG soon and am planning to hire a maid. Heard that there are many maids waiting to be transfered as many expats and locals are being retrenched. Is this true? Also how do i know if the maids are any good? Am really bad at interviewing people so need some advise on what to look out for. THanks!
Actually thr is nothing wrong to interview the maids.
I oso suggest u interview the maid 1st.
So transfer maid r rtn due to bad employer, some it they dun need liao so send back.
Not all transfer maid r bad but b careful.

eeshern

yea i also think that they not all bad but just depending on your luck too. One interview can only last that long la so not easy to tell. thanks!

MsKoh1973

When my first maid of 6 yrs went back last aug, i got 2 trf maid, one fr indo, one fr mynamar. All dam lousy. I returned them to agent, I am surprise, with their lousy wking attitude, the agency still manage to find them a 3rd employer.

So I tell u, don't believe too much of what agency says, unless they explicitly said what the employer do wrong, then maybe its really the employer's fault, if they say "cannot get along" , then u must be careful, very high chance, it means that maid got attitude problem.

Usually unless super unbearable, pp dun change maid that frequently, they will try to tahan with the current maid, so u can also ask them, what happen to their ex-employer after that maid was returned, did they engage a new maid?