Hiring confinement nanny - what to look out?

clovermom

Hi Mommies,

For those who already got a confinement nanny, normally the rate given to your helper , does is it also covering your food items cost? Or you have to pay that separately to her, for example if the nanny telling you what she will be cooking, and will she do the groceries of food / herbs for you? Or the confinement rate come in one package - including food costs that she will purchase for you

Please share. Thanks

mummy0001

Hi clovermom,

yes, it is include in your budget, the nanny you taken from the confinement is include in your budget, it depends on you if you like to separate her food and your food, but it must be your budget when she purchase for you in the grocery, here salary is still the same, what she can receive in agreement...

fiddlesticks

Hi clovermom, for me, the rate agreed with confinement lady does not include food costs etc. So on top of the amount I paid her, I have to pay for her food, my own confinement food, herbs etc. Mine was not from agency.

clovermom

I checked with agencies in malaysia and Singapore...their live-in nanny rates were extremely "daylight robbery" and did not include any confinement food cost..msia rate now is s $2400, singapore rate ranges from "s $3950-2200". Unlike last year, only s$1800. I think I rather not hiring them at all already and go for food tingkat which is only s $1600-1690 which is more reasonable and healthier choice plus no need to bother to bring nanny out to wet market to buy food and pay extra for such.

diorly

I checked with agencies in malaysia and Singapore...their live-in nanny rates were extremely "daylight robbery" and did not include any confinement food cost..msia rate now is s $2400, singapore rate ranges from "s $3950-2200". Unlike last year, only s$1800. I think I rather not hiring them at all already and go for food tingkat which is only s $1600-1690 which is more reasonable and healthier choice plus no need to bother to bring nanny out to wet market to buy food and pay extra for such.
Market rate is $2400.. Hire a confinement nanny to take care of both mommy and baby so you can enjoy a good confinement period after giving birth.. Anyways, its one time only. Pamper yourself mah :)

SC Loo

the price only include the labor cost to cook. it will be better so that she can cook what you eat & balance she will eat. if she go out dabao food, then they will further increase their fee then transfer to you. confinement herb you need to buy.

Homey Confinement Agency(https://www.homeyconfinement.com) nanny fee can be tailored to your requirement.

contact the owner at whatsapp +65 9392 3100. the owner pretty responsive.