Ho CHi Min

twinklestar24

Hi,

ANyone with recommendations of hotels at HCM?? I am travelling with a 7 month old baby.

What things to buy in HCM? WHere are the shopping areas not to be missed?

ANy information appreciated.

prima

just came back from Ho Chi Minh.

Quite a memorable one as every traffic moves around honking all the way. quite amusing tho.

shopping done at the Saigon Tax center and Lucky Plaza at Dong Khoi Street and cheapest at Bin Tanh market. I just love the Aodai clothes the ladies wore. Their linen clothes are so soft and do not need lots of ironing.
bought lots of handkerchiefs, bedsheet and shoe bags. Their sports wear are the best buy as they are super expensive over here. Their handicrafts are pretty good. Came back with jewellery boxes, chopsticks, fans and grasshoppers.

we visit the padi fields too with full action on the work done. Quite informative for my kids. We saw big reindeers, wildbeeste and wild hog at the zoo. The animals here are all big.

the taxi drivers not too well verse in English, so there were alot of sign lang in our communication.

I was impressed with French architecture on the buildings especially the post office and the Notre Dam Church. Even the national news were in French lang. It was fun learning abt their history.

Most memorable was the post office, it was absolutely majestic.

only thing have to be extra careful is their food. their pho comes with raw meat and have to make sure they are thoroughly cooked. I rather have the Viet pho over here. safer. Their coffee is super strong. Mostly we ate at the Highlands coffee and Lotteria. Milk is not common here, we have to ask for it over and over again.