How do u make rice cereal?

Feliz

i dont't believe this too.. cos my mom used this method on my nephew last time and this method been used for many generations in my family..

by the way.. felzdown mommy, you started feeding your baby already?? i asked my boy's pediatrician he suggested to wait til at least 4 months.. i'm kinda looking forward to feed my boy semi-solid soon..
Honeylicious mummy, I start edlycia on cereal cos she doesn't wan milk. She o nly drinking 60-90ml nw den I went to see 2 PD, both say e same thing like edlycia don likE milk n so ask to give cereal lor..

U haven start right? Ask ur PD first den.. How's ur boy anyway?

meiteoh mommy, how come you dont't wash the grains?? the brands you bought stated no washing required??

still contemplating whether to buy those instant organic cereal or grind them myself.. hmph..

I prefer to use commercial rice cereal that are iron-fortified. I very kiasi. Cos I just started weaning my baby and have not intro her food with iron like meat or spinach. Until then I will just give her iron-fortified cereal.

meiteoh

I'm still giving commercial cereal but organic and will mix sometimes with my porridge and such. Note that calcium binds to iron and hinders iron absorption so avoid giving dairy products or foods high in calcium with iron-heavy foods. :)

And no, I don't wash the grains. I will inspect them; if they look clean and come in a vacuum packed bag, I'm cool with it.

Honeylicious mummy, I start edlycia on cereal cos she doesn't want milk. She o nly drinking 60-90ml now then I went to see 2 pediatrician, both say e same thing like edlycia dont likE milk n so ask to give cereal ..

you have not start right? Ask your pediatrician first then.. How's your boy anyway?
oh i see..

my boy is fine and satisfied with breastfeeding.. so i haven't started him on solids.. though my mom has been pestering me to start eversince my boy turns 3 months.. my mom old-fashion type..

but i still listen to the doctor.. he says must wait at least 5 months.. if my boy still satisfied with my milk then let him be and wait till 6 months.

you girl taking solid food well???

Feliz

oh i see..

my boy is fine and satisfied with breastfeeding.. so i have not't started him on solids.. though my mom has been pestering me to start eversince my boy turns 3 months.. my mom old-fashion type..

but i still listen to the doctor.. he says must wait at least 5 months.. if my boy still satisfied with my milk then let him be and wait till 6 months.

you girl taking solid food well???

It's good that ur boy still bf.. I can't bf cos no support frm hub den e food I ate all ta bao food so I gave up..

My girl so far ok on cereal, today I let her hav some carrot she's lovin it.. :) yeah my grandma also ask me to give porridge but I'll wait till 6months or so..

ocee

hi,
when u cook it. do u add any seasoning? otherwise wont it taste bland?
=)

meiteoh, thanks for sharing! its really helpful but got afew ques.. =p

What brand rice(white&brown) you buy?
for barley, just buy any? cos i saw got big n small n big more ex..
My blender got no miller so can just use e normal blending way to grind?
How to know if its really DRY?
you use slow cooker cook 2hrs or more? that means i hav to wake up super duper early to cook ..:tlaugh:
How long can i store e grind rice inside e fridge?
Its tasteless right? (i think its a stupid ques) :001_302:
So i can add like carrot, pumpkin etc puree in e cereal together or individual bowl?

meiteoh

Please do not add any seasoning (soy sauce, salt, sugar, etc) when you make food for toddlers and babies. Food itself like vegetable, fruits and meats have their own natural sugars and salt. Seasoning is an acquired taste and in fact, is unhealthy for young children.

hakisumi

Sry,side-track abit, Few days ago,my mum boil those traditional porridge,for 2 days graham likes it but on the 3rd day,he totally rejects it although he's hungry,n I make milk he fns it..is it bcos he is not ready for semi solid food,or shld I wait a lil while longer..?

So tat mean those powder form rice cereal can we cook it awhile? I did bought a box thought wanna try it out..dun seems to like the idea tat mix w milk,seems "un cooked" the feeling

Last edited:

Feliz

Sry,side-track abit, Few days ago,my mum boil those traditional porridge,for 2 days graham likes it but on the 3rd day,he totally rejects it although he's hungry,n I make milk he fns it..is it bcos he is not ready for semi solid food,or shld I wait a lil while longer..?

So that mean those powder form rice cereal can we cook it awhile? I did bought a box thought wanna try it out..dont seems to like the idea that mix w milk,seems "un cooked" the feeling

cook e rice cereal? hmm.. sound weird.. hehe.. I mix it with milk, taste ok to me.. doesnt feel uncook thou..:001_302:

Ting

yeah ocee, dun hv to add any seasoning.
babies can take it bland.
just add milk to the cereal it tastes fine.
for porridge, when u add veggies n use stock to cook the porridge, will hv taste alr.

hakisumi

ya ya .. but if you like me free free shake leg at home then ok .. :001_302:
Wah..steady la..u can at home shakey shakey.. But dun say arh..look after kiddo also quite tiring 1 worrr

but todae I boil porridge for ham..he got eat..luckily..so I think I ll keep on boil it everydae le...

Feliz

Wah..steady ..you can at home shakey shakey.. But dont say ..look after kiddo also quite tiring 1 worrr

but todae I boil porridge for ham..he got eat..luckily..so I think I ll keep on boil it everydae ...

can shake la when edlycia take a nap.. if she wakes up i must shake whole body cos mus carry her n move abt.. :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

mayb ham slowly get use to porridge ler..

meiteoh

Just to share something: try not to give the same item to your baby every day coz after a while, they'll get bored of it and reject it completely. If possible, rotate and ensure new flavours or tastes, ya? :)

Feliz

Just to share something: try not to give the same item to your baby every day coz after a while, they'll get bored of it and reject it completely. If possible, rotate and ensure new flavours or tastes, ya? :)

so every 4 days change a new flavour??

meiteoh

Yes and once your baby is introduced to a few different foods, give different item for each meal. This is to keep baby interested in food and eating as well as allow baby to explore new flavours.

Babies are just like adults. If we eat the same thing three times a day for the next few months, we'd be sick of the food item.

allycat

Its been 2 weeks since Quan has been intro porridge n my MIL put diff veg everyday. Fish n meat is used 2-3 times a week. Actually, is cereal still necessary if porridge is given?