How long do you breastfeed your baby?

ast0212

ajcy:872785 said:
We're five months in (supplement with FM cos supply low) .. intend to try for one year but now that we found out lo has lip and tongue tie wwhich probably caused low supply, I might let him self wwean after his revision if my supply manages to increase!

Hubby and family all very supportive. Mom and mil makes food that is bf-boosters ..
My son had mild tongue tie too...but I didn't notice till he weaned at 18m. That is probably why I had multiple bouts of mastitis and blocked ducts and pain for at least the first 4 months :(
If I had known earlier I would get it snipped! But now it doesn't matter as he is 4 years old hahah

Hope it is not giving you any problems!!!

I think being surrounded by breastfeeding mums help. I am inspired by my cousin who has been breastfeeding non-stop for nearly 7 years. She bf through 2 pregnancies, her youngest is 3 and she is currently pregnant with #4!

Haha yes it is a bit more difficult if you plan to go out without bub... have to do some planning around feed times. For me I hardly went out without baby so no need to pump because I am terrible at expressing - can't get much out!
WHAT WHAT??? 7 years????? OMG!!! really role model!! haha
i wanna do a good 2 years the next round.. hahah can save alot lah on buying milk powder hehe.. and its the best somemore..

i took fenugeek when i realise its dropping till nowhere.. haha and i just wanted to keep it up.. whatever amt there can be.. haha

ajcy

Ya giving us low weight gain and low supply! Ds too young to know if it'll cause problems to his teeth alignment or speech, but we have been advised by an experienced dr (via photo and vodeo that we corroaponded online) to revise asap as it can only benefit us!

You know anyone experienced in singapore?

ast0212

ajcy:872855 said:
Ya giving us low weight gain and low supply! Ds too young to know if it'll cause problems to his teeth alignment or speech, but we have been advised by an experienced dr (via photo and vodeo that we corroaponded online) to revise asap as it can only benefit us!

You know anyone experienced in singapore?
My son has difficulty in pronouncing certain sounds. Not sure if it is due to tongue tie or just part of his development. His teacher says he may just grow out of it. Teeth are fine though.

Good to get it checked out if you can. Sorry I don't know anyone in Singapore.

Cupidlovesme

Hello mummies, I'm planning to wean my baby from BM soon. I tried giving him FM yesterday but he rejected it.. He has never tasted FM before so I guess he's not used to it. Can I mix BM n FM in the same bottle? Just to let him get used to the taste? I googled but there are +ve n -ve comments. Any experienced mummy here to enlighten me?

yunniyeo

I stop at about 3 months

My girl is abt 8.3kg now going 8 months. She looks chubby and healthy but not those overweight type. She prefers FM since birth though I keep trying. She drinks alot. BM flowing but not alot. So I stop. Does babies only stay healthy with BF?