How to control my temper

oops... one more thing that I added.. i.e. they can choose not to listen if they wish to learn the hard way.

When there is an occasion that they have learnt the hard way... not to spite them.. but try to communicate to them that indeed, they did learn the hard way..wouldn't it be better to listen to Mummy and not to go thro' the bumpy way.

Well, at times they appreciate whole-heartedly.. at times.. can see that they reluctantly agree coz they dont't feel good that Mummy is right again.

Not to make them feel bad... not to make Mummy like the 'most brilliant' person around or has this super-power to predict.. always tell them it's becoz I have gone thro' what they are going thro'. Just merely sharing my experiences.

Trust me...this will help them to feel better. :smile:

Last edited:

Ruth Wong

Its important to separate our anger from our role as disciplinarian. If anger and discipline are merged, temper will rise on both sides.
I would suggest laying down rules on homework, tidyness and playtime as house rules. Beyond that its simply lots of love and loving encouragement. Kids will learn that you love them regardless (that's important) but there are expectations as laid down by house rules. But of course, be reasonable with rules.
If a kid cannot complete his/her homework, find out more info first before judging that its due to laziness. It could be that there is simply too much homework.. from school, tuition and sometimes even from parents on top of the first two!!!
There must be play time or the child would "play" during his study time i.e. doodle, daydream, or would rush thru homework just to get play time.
Try to find the reasonable balance... it's not always easy.

mommymaj

Hi ladies. Won't it be something the child gets used to if the parent is angry all the time? I'm trying to save the anger for really naughty occasions so that it still scares DS into correcting his behavior, but I agree often it's very hard to make him do his assignments quickly.

So far time deadlines are the ones with best result - example if he finishes his work by 7 he can watch TV, but if he's not done it uses up his TV time.

Kelly80

recently i bought e-book "the happy child guide" I not sure it work or not. but i need to try toward my 2 sons age 3&4. Eventually, both of them spoil by me and my maid. Now have to try them independence as what the childcare teacher ask us to do. I love children and i feel there really amazing and make me happy when i am relax. I love hug and kiss them and touch behind (pad) them. my sons just like it and understanding but sometime, they will scream whenever they feel angry.:embarrassed:

This works well for me in controlling my temper and you can try this too. Try to place things that will remind you to control your temper. It may be an angel stuff or anything. Put it in your child's room. Whenever your mad and you see it, you will be reminded to control your temper.

Princess84

Its important to separate our anger from our role as disciplinarian. If anger and discipline are merged, temper will rise on both sides.
I would suggest laying down rules on homework, tidyness and playtime as house rules. Beyond that its simply lots of love and loving encouragement. Kids will learn that you love them regardless (that's important) but there are expectations as laid down by house rules. But of course, be reasonable with rules.
If a kid cannot complete his/her homework, find out more info first before judging that its due to laziness. It could be that there is simply too much homework.. from school, tuition and sometimes even from parents on top of the first two!!!
There must be play time or the child would "play" during his study time i.e. doodle, daydream, or would rush thru homework just to get play time.
Try to find the reasonable balance... it's not always easy.
So true. I second that.

Dreamwish

It is never be easy for mummy alone to cope with work, household chores & kids. I find that I can easily lose my temper towards kids, finding it hard to control (hubby only care for his 'pocket', mobile phone & computer)..I am with stress... I cry alot when I am alone..