Hubby going in NS , how do you cope ?

CynCyn

Hubby going in NS this Decemeber , how do you cope ?

Any young mummies who's Dh also in army ?

baby gurl

my hubby aso in ns.but goin ord aready!he is goin to army or police?wen ,u hubby 1st go in to camp im pregnant.i'll feel lonely without him.need his companion.but 2 yrs veri fast pass wan!no worries!

wilcris

My husband is a regular, time is very irregular. but after so many years, i get used to it.. Have to bear with it when it comes to duty.. training for weeks.

baby gurl

hmmm..but i heard if ur hubby got family can opt office hr job.but 1st 3 months is a muz to stay in onli can book out fri,sat n sun!my hubby now n den aso have to stay in camp fer a wk!

LoVeS

My hubby is a navy regular, very often at times within a wk i get to see him 1-2days only due to sailing n aso duty. How to cope? Slowly will get used to it although at times will grumble abit BUT frds play a big part to cope n aso my son.

mavis

my hubby is a air force regular... working hours super irregular lor, even weekends oso lyk tat. Have to call back every nite for working time lor. sometimes have to go overseas for 1-4weeks when needed. But i've already get used to this kinda life liao.....

at least nw we have kids to accompany us mah....:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

tommyBoi

Alpha Male
I am serving my reservist now... until 26 Oct. :001_302:

Cyncyn, a point for u to note.. usually guy will change his mentality after his NS.. can be good or bad for the r/s.

Cheers!!

xiaodaisy

spend more time wif frens n sister for chit chatting or shoppin loh or else play wif kids more.. aniwae time past fast n take care wor !~!

LoVeS

Cyncyn, a point for u to note.. usually guy will change his mentality after his NS.. can be good or bad for the r/s.

Cheers!!
Yes i very agree on tis, guys will change b it for better or worse after their NS.

jaynshar

My dh is a regular..usually nt at hm one..sometimes can one whole week nt coming back..n btw..he is gg to TW for training for 3 weeks...
So wat i usually do is to take this time to clean n tidy my house..cos when dh around..everthing cannot throw away..if he nt around..will take the opportunity to throw things..
Meet friend..organise gathering to family members..etc..:Dancing_wub:

CynCyn

my hubby aso in ns.but goin ord aready!he is goin to army or police?wen ,u hubby 1st go in to camp im pregnant.i'll feel lonely without him.need his companion.but 2 yrs veri fast pass wan!no worries!
Hi baby gurl . My Hubby has yet to be enlisted but going in soon on December 14 . If im not wrong after POP then they'll know what's their next posting right ?

Cheers!!
Hi Tommyboi .

I've heard too that it can be good or bad for the r/s . That's my biggest worry now .

Btw , how is it good or bad for the r/s . Care to elaborate further ? :001_302:

Last edited:

CynCyn

Thanks for everyones replies ,

So mummies and daddies . So far has yr relationship turn for good or bad ?

When Dh goes into army , I'll be home alone with my son almost everyday . My in laws are always out working and only comes back at night .
They suggest that I move back to my own home for the time being at least there's someone around to look out for me . But I do not want to move back . My in laws didn't force either so it's ok .

I do not wish to move back home is bcos I'll have everything done by them and I don't like not being to do anything . Be it hsework to my baby . So moving back is the last thing on my mind .

Just that it's going to be tough for me . Feeling lonely and missing my DH not able to talk to anyone at home . Sigh .

LoVeS

Thanks for everyones replies ,

So mummies and daddies . So far has yr relationship turn for good or bad ?

When Dh goes into army , I'll be home alone with my son almost everyday . My in laws are always out working and only comes back at night .
They suggest that I move back to my own home for the time being at least there's someone around to look out for me . But I do not want to move back . My in laws didn't force either so it's ok .

I do not wish to move back home is bcos I'll have everything done by them and I don't like not being to do anything . Be it hsework to my baby . So moving back is the last thing on my mind .

Just that it's going to be tough for me . Feeling lonely and missing my DH not able to talk to anyone at home . Sigh .
U can ask ur frds to come stay over whenever ur dh not ard ah~ Like tt u wont b alone lor~ :001_302:

baby gurl

yup!onli after pop den dey'll noe where dey postin!eventualli,r/s will be a bad fer me becoz i feel so lonely.den everywk we'll surely quarrel.sumore my hubby kena NDP.instead of stayin 3 months inside he stayed 5 months.even now my hubby aso have to stay in camp 1 month 1 time but i slowly get used to it.not to worri cyncyn!u've got ur son!u can go out wif ur frens or ask dem over fer mahjong!dat's wat i alwaz do!

Last edited:

tommyBoi

Alpha Male
Hi Tommyboi .

I've heard too that it can be good or bad for the r/s . That's my biggest worry now .

Btw , how is it good or bad for the r/s . Care to elaborate further ? :001_302:
Hmm.. the training in army is tough, esp when he is still a recruit. NS will change him to a more mature adult than b4. His perception of things and thinking will change. Usually a r/s will break off after the guy enlisted NS or after serving NS.
For ur dh, it might be different as he is a father liao....
For ur part, just give him ur support during his NS.
Cheers!!
:001_302:

my DH is an army regular, he's quite bz with wrk so i'll tend to goes out with my frends or my family.. soon i start to get used..

i'm sure u'll be able to cope well..

xiaodaisy

ya loh go out wif frens den ask dem to ur hse for mahjong whahaha... lolxxx.. for mi i donno cos wen i know hubby already finished ns n no need go back anymore.. but nayway cheer up lah.. time would pass fast for u ^_^

LoVeS

Hmm.. the training in army is tough, esp when he is still a recruit. NS will change him to a more mature adult than b4. His perception of things and thinking will change. Usually a r/s will break off after the guy enlisted NS or after serving NS.
For ur dh, it might be different as he is a father liao....
For ur part, just give him ur support during his NS.
Cheers!!
:001_302:
ya n listen to his grumble NS tought life~ It is very gd~