Is it necessary?

Colline

my fren is having a C-section on tis coming 30th.e doc says dat epidural is needed.is it necessary?

baby2008

my fren is having a C-section on tis coming 30th.e doc says dat epidural is needed.is it necessary?
yes if she is going to hve a half c-section which mean she can see the whole process in the ops room..hee..if not GA will be given..
in my case i had epidural 1st cz i wanna get induce but aft bursting my waterbag, it's dirty so have to go c-section..then they will ask if u wanna go half or full ..i choose full...cz i don wanna have night mare..my friend choose half..but till the end she abit faint cz low blood pressure...

alicia66

i had epidural also bcos i wanna induce but in the end the doctor sae not working so i had a c- section.. I can c and hear everyting that is happening around.. 1 drawback of being awake is that you can feel the doctor tugging and pressing (abit like extracting wisdom tooth but more intense tugging)..

petrinagoh

same here.. i also epi cause induce 36hrs nv dilate at all.. so bo bian.. elective c-sec. damn sad.. i was looking forward to pure nat w/o epi..
side effects r terrible. scratch myself crazy..

Aquafish

same here. One good thing abt spinal/epi is that both u and hubby can witness the birth of your bb. For me, the immediate side effect of the jab is having to tahan shivering until the drug wears off. Feeling is terrible but think still worth it lah :tlaugh:

woo22

wanted to go for natural..but bb got too big during routine checks at 34wks..fm 2.2kg suddenly shot up to 2.9kg..so doc adv c-sect .. oso worried dat i may get hypertension etc.. so opted for c-sect lah wiz epidural so dh can be inside wiz me..

choose the date, was told to go tmc by 6am cos opt 9am..mucus n blood discharge arnd 430am..woke up went toilet..noticed blood..took guide book and read abt it while do big bisness..haha
had a hot shower, washed hair n got ready..meanwhile contractions started - abt 20mins apart..woke hubby up arnd 530am. Left hse arnd 6am, in cab told hubby not to panic..told him abt contractions wic was abt 15mins apart..reached hosp, q to check in..oredi got abt 4 mummies ahead of me..by 7am..told one nurse that contractions abt 7 to 10 mins apart..she said still got time.. tau tiah liao! pain leh..
finally arnd 730 went into rm..arnd 8am finall prep to go to OT..lying on bed waitg to go in.. by 9am contractions 5 mins apart..when doc checked..only 1cm..argh..since OT oredi booked..went ahead wiz c-sect..
experience was ok..not so scary..jus the shivering was bad.
recovery was quite okay..2 months now - no pain - jus scar :( but doubt i will ever wear bikini lah hee hee.

lonerjas

shivering?? i had epi too but don really shiver...

hmm why baby 2.9kg need c sect? i went for nat wif epi baby delivery at 3.25kg..

for wat i know only BB 4kg and above need c sect

woo22

oops..2.9kg was at 34wks..when gave birth at 39wks dd was 3.96kg .. big bb..now 2.5mth old oredi 5.8kg..tiring caring her leh..

lonerjas

oops..2.9kg was at 34wks..when gave birth at 39wks dd was 3.96kg .. big bb..now 2.5mth old oredi 5.8kg..tiring caring her leh..

that is big lah... sure muz c sect... ar bo later ur hips very big oso if you manage to natural

Pwiincess

I didn't know C-sec half can allow HUbby to watch, if not I will opt of C-sec. I did natural and now I have wide hips!

lonerjas

I didn't know C-sec half can allow HUbby to watch, if not I will opt of C-sec. I did natural and now I have wide hips!

Actually not all natural birth de hips sure very big.. In fact when we preggy hor the BB rest on our pelvic bone already making it expand..

Hmm, some ppl say it is possible to close back if you tie up durinf confinement or ly down more.. Don sit down, cos will exert pressure on bone

woo22

wa seh wat did u eat BB is BIG leh keke:err:
DURIAN!!
Duno if dats the main culprit! GD at 34 wks..3 days b4 give birth..for 2 consecutive days i got cravings for char siew pau (csp)..when she came out..her cheeks were so puffed up! so i nicknamed her csp! :001_302:

lonerjas

DURIAN!!
Duno if dats the main culprit! GD at 34 wks..3 days b4 give birth..for 2 consecutive days i got cravings for char siew pau (csp)..when she came out..her cheeks were so puffed up! so i nicknamed her csp! :001_302:
LOL durians?? keke my 1st preggy i have durians 15days straight BB oso 3.2kg nia... perhaps durian don work for me :001_302: