Is it normal to cry after therapy?

sandrahofis

My therapist is not making me cry, she's a very sweet lady who has done nothing but listen, validate, and help me. I've had three sessions with her so far.

I don't really know why I do this, but after my hour with my therapist, I close my computer (tele-health appointment), curl up in my bed and just sob my eyes out for 5 to 10 minutes. I usually feel a lot better after doing so, so I guess it's not a bad thing, but it does catch me by surprise every time it happens because I'm not normally a crier.
Thoughts?

JaneBower

I don't think it's a bad thing, but I would recommend that you cry more at your therapy session so that you can really see how you feel. Or at least tell him that you cry after therapy. I think it's primarily because you realize you've just had a therapy session and you subconsciously think it's not normal and start feeling sorry for yourself. The medical school https://www.trinityschoolofmedicine.org/resources/ultimate-guide-caribbean-medical-schools recommends as one of the ways to keep yourself busy with a bunch of work so that after it you have no desire to cry or feel sorry for yourself, but only go to bed.