KL

CynCyn

Anyone been to KL ? Which hotel recommended and what are the must places to shop and go ?

aby

Hotel not sure as also stay with friends' home..

Place to shop - Che3 Cheong2 Gai1 - Many NA goods, beautiful posters eg Singapore selling S$10 there only RM9 etc etc..

Many nice food but only locals know where to find Good food..

celine

I tink staying near petaling is gd... bt duno which hotel...

go up kl twin tower & menara tower...

ya petaling iz chi cheong kai...nearest hotel will be Federal, nxt to e area oni! super easy access wen wana go out for supper at nite...:001_302:

also capitol hotel oso not bad lo...qt near to dat area...

besides dis, oso can shop at sungei wang plaza...many fashion & shoes boutiques!

berjaya times sqaure will be more bigger & got indoor theme park too...u nid to take abit of time to shop there cs rili big lo! its offers more branded outlets...

another attraction will be the famous KL twin tower le...many pubs & restaurants there..similar to our boat quay & clark quay style...

serenelm

i stayed at hotel federal previously... convenient as walking distance to sungei wang shopping n berjaya times square... but try to get the new wing... i stayed at the old wing, it was a little old but clean...

Junior

i think singaporeans get discount in Concorde Hotel, Jln Sultan Ismail about Rm150++. It's quite convenient with the monorail station right in front. The monorail goes to Sungai Wang, Berjaya Times Sq, Starhill, lot 10, etc.. it also connect to the LRT to Mid Valley Mega Mall too!

There's 2 new malls just open. I havent been there but heard it's pretty good. Called Pavilion, opposite of Starhill. Another one is called The Garden, next to Mid Valley Mega Mall.

Petaling St is good for bargain but dont speak hokkien or english there. Use either mandarin or cantonese for better bargain. Some of my singaporean friends like to buy the imitation Tiffany accessories there. I wont recommend you to eat street food cuz not sure if your stomach can take it. It's not as hygenic as food in singapore.

`julee

PETALING!!!! i tell u b4 cyn... :p

as for shopping centers hor.. more or less the same price as SG..

as for hotels, we either go relatives home or BUDGET ones... S$45 a night.. breakfast inclusive.. :)

`julee

i think singaporeans get discount in Concorde Hotel, Jln Sultan Ismail about Rm150++. It's quite convenient with the monorail station right in front. The monorail goes to Sungai Wang, Berjaya Times Sq, Starhill, lot 10, etc.. it also connect to the LRT to Mid Valley Mega Mall too!

There's 2 new malls just open. I havent been there but heard it's pretty good. Called Pavilion, opposite of Starhill. Another one is called The Garden, next to Mid Valley Mega Mall.

Petaling St is good for bargain but dont speak hokkien or english there. Use either mandarin or cantonese for better bargain. Some of my singaporean friends like to buy the imitation Tiffany accessories there. I wont recommend you to eat street food cuz not sure if your stomach can take it. It's not as hygenic as food in singapore.
i agree with this.. even though we are malay, we are easily known as Singaporeans ($$$$)...

find hotels near the monarail.. easy travel & wont get cheated by taxi drivers... even though we drive, the traffic there s u x...

CynCyn

i agree with this.. even though we are malay, we are easily known as Singaporeans ($$$$)...

find hotels near the monarail.. easy travel & wont get cheated by taxi drivers... even though we drive, the traffic there s u x...
Which hotel is near petaling ? I know federal is nearest besides federal where else ?
Is ancasa hotel near ?

Here's my 2 cents worth about KL.. Having living in the suburbs of KL - yes, KL is a HUGE place you can't imagine! I've learnt a couple of places where the locals go..

If you guys are keen in the KL City Ctr then I agree with Concorde Hotel. They've just undergone a renovation and it looked really nice. The last i went was way YEARS ago! Hee2

"Selling of Pirated Goods are Prohibited"

PS - Petaling St is the BEST place to get replicas. My TIP: go easy on your 'flashy stuff' aka all the blings. Yes, they can smell a Singaporean from miles away but if show no airs and ready to chop off 50% of the price they started with, just go ahead - only if you're really keen on the purchase tho.. PS is not as dangerous as it's been before cos they've got CCTVs everywhere and well.. they no longer operate till late.. only till midnight.. so take note of that guys.. I hvn't been thru the site but go on and pop by their official Project Petaling Street blog directory.

But if you're gonna be in KL for a couple of days, i suggest you take an adventure ride on the RapidKL - Rail & Bus Services.. You can get to places where the locals go like

Mid Valley Megamall - This one's like Suntec City. It's kinda near the railway station .

Bangsar Village
- MY version of Holland V. Complete with pubs and clubs.. A place for the expats.

The Curve - Where IKEA MY is situated.. They've got Pet Safari, Marche, Borders and loads more. They've got a new hotel there too.. and yeah Cineleisure! A place for the yuppies.

1 Utama
- Another huge mall situated right next to their TV3 office. The express bus service - Aeroline stops right there.. and oh they got a pretty nice park right at the back of the mall which i'm sure you won't have the time to see cos you'd be busy shopping yourself silly! They've got GAP Malaysia there too :) - Highly Overpriced stuff!!

They do hv lots more pasar malams but i thk i'll do that another time.. lil mia's seeking my attention now..

Hope it's been helpful!

Cheerios,
the prelovedshoppe.keeper

You could try these:

Safari Lagoon Theme Park
- I've not been there.. Just stumbled upon it while surfing :)

Extreme Park @ Sunway
- I've not been there tho we always drove past the area. It's right behind Sunway Lagoon area.

Mines Wonderland
- Didn't get the chance to go there yet tho I know they've got nice parks there..

Eye On Malaysia
- Sounds promising.. ?

Aquaria KLCC
- I pretty much enjoyed the trip there. The services given by the staffs were pretty attentive and friendly - a very refreshing sight :p

Hope all that helps!

Cheerios,
the prelovedshoppe.keeper

prima

to add to the list

don't forget Petrosains at KLCC 4th floor, its interactive and don't miss the simulated helicopter rides.

if your legs are tired of shopping at Bukit Bintang, try to go to Imax to Berjaya Times Square and catch some 3D shows. its so much cheaper than here and enlightening too.