Maternity Leave and Work

vel

My current dept is facing insufficient man power and I'm worried when I take my leave early next years, my customers base will turn chaotic.

We have a new colleague coming in Jan but I am not sure if she can pick up my area within less than a month.

any mums actually work remotely at home for maybe a few hours after giving birth? can share your experience?

bluedolphin

I have to work from home two weeks before my due date as my temp is not able to start early. I work sometimes via the webmail during my confinement as I need to provide guidelines to her. Is best don't do it as it is very tiring and u will stress out when u need to work n baby keep crying..

msck

need to learn to let go. I even tried to type out all the instruction on excel with different tabs. and for each students ( I am a teacher), I typed comments n things to look out for. all these I passed to the lady taking over me for 4 mth.

still. she's not up to the job n can't handle my students. no choice la. provided all the support already.

siewkim

my previous was impossible to work from home because i had to do mostly secretarial work for my boss. so i guess it depends on the nature of the work.

skt

The first month of the maternity leave is very important. Mothers have to rest and sleep as long as there is a chance. Else very difficult to rebuild the health's condition once the first month is over. I don't recommend to work from home.