Melaka trip

cass7070

Hi, Im gg to Melaka nxt month CNY staying near Jonker st. Anyone been thr b4, can tip me any shopping or makan places. thx

posh

U drive thr or go by coach. Staying at wic hotel
Hi, just came back. I go by coach and had an enjoyable trip, lots of delicious food to eat and I think i need to exercise more now cos I eat so much there, haha.
I stay in Avillion Legacy Melaka, it is a abit far to jonker street but hotel provides free shuttle to jusco and jonker street at 12pm, 3pm and 6pm. Room is spacious but nothing fantastic. There is a supermarket just beside the hotel called The Store. The breakfast is a simple and not many varieties. Overall for the room is ok.
And we shop and buy alot of things there, so overall its worth the trip.

bunny dad

Hi cass7070,
Have been to melaka a couple times, there is a big mall opposite makota call pahlawan mall,newton foodcourt beside makota,chung wah chicken rice at jonker st opp san su gong. street food stalls at nite at kee ann st. nite market at jonker st on fri,sat,sun.go river cruise along melaka river,try pork chop,coffee and toast bun at kluang station cafe at tesco near bus station.

bunny dad

HI cass7070,
I almost forgot, must try capitol satay celup(lok lok) at bukit cina and expect to queue up and tryto be there around 5pm if you are going. If i can remember correctly holiday inn hotel have rooms over looking the straits of malacca.

cass7070

Thanks for all the info provided by frenz here. Really appreciated.I'll be staying at the Baba House Hotel. Got any idea?:Dancing_wub:

posh

Hi cass7070,
Have been to melaka a couple times, there is a big mall opposite makota call pahlawan mall,newton foodcourt beside makota,chung wah chicken rice at jonker st opp san su gong. street food stalls at nite at kee ann st. nite market at jonker st on fri,sat,sun.go river cruise along melaka river,try pork chop,coffee and toast bun at kluang station cafe at tesco near bus station.
Nothing fantastic about the chicken rice. In fact we did not even finish the rice. I still prefer our own sg chicken rice, much much nicer.

christinem

Peranakan food, pineapple tart (rectangle shape), chendol.
I would agree the chicken rice ball is over hype

Nice pictures there.. Thanks..

Last edited:

penglee

Alpha Male
thanks Christine, pictures only tell 30% of the story. Melaka food is truly delicious (and we are heading to Penang next). Another foodies destination :)

littlena

Alpha Male
Hi Mummies, Just to share a very nice hotel in melaka. We stayed at the Equatorial Hotel melaka. And if you book online early the rates can be around S$120 per night Deluxe room. It's next to a large shopping centre and walking distance to all the chinese food and peranakan nyonya food. I used the hotel search site here